Hi all. I needed a card for a female relation and with Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge in mind I used a sketch I found over at Fusion Challenge.
I used the sketch and the pretty blue in the photograph for my card. I found some My Mind's Eye freebie papers which I thought would work, and also a Lily flower stamp from a set by Sheena Douglass called A Little Bit Floral.
I stamped the flower on to a piece of the paper twice using Black Archival ink. I cut the whole flower out and then on the second image just the three largest petals, and used my white gel pen to fill in the lines on the stamp and the stamens as I thought this would tie it in better with the rest of the card. After I had shaped the petals and stuck the flower together I added a centre using a hole punch and a snippet of white card. I shaped the pieces with a ball tool and attached them in the middle of the flower.
I made the tab shaped topper with another piece of the paper and backed it with a piece of blue card which was a snippet which had been dry embossed originally, but I thought that as very little of it would be visible this would look fine with the patterned paper. A tip which I have found useful when trying to make the shape at the bottom is to line up both pieces and after snipping the 'V' shape slide the top layer up as far as you wish and then cut the excess off the top.
The background layer is the third of the patterned papers with a snippet of the pink either side because it seemed to look better with the pink flower and harmonised the design.
I don't have any butterfly stamps only a couple of dies, one of which is very large, and one very small, so I decided to draw and cut out one of my own design. I did look at a few different shapes and just sketched one, made a paper template. I cut out a butterfly using a snippet of white card, and used this together with a freebie star stamp which I got recently with a magazine, and stamped the design from the stamp on to the butterfly using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and also blended some of the ink on to the butterfly using blending foam. I finished the butterfly with three of the white punched pieces shaped as above.
The stars were a freebie stencil which I got with the same magazine and I drew round it and cut it out using a snippet of white card, and then stamped the design with the same star stamp using the Picked Raspberry and also blended some over the stars.
I finished by stamping the freebie sentiment from the same set on to the bottom corner using Black Archival ink.
Thank you for stopping by today.
As well as the above challenges I am also entering this card at:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 151. We have to use up our scraps/snippets.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - We're Seeing Stars.
Country View Challenges - Bugs, Bees and Butterflies.