Pages

Saturday 9 January 2016

A Gift from Teddy

Hi there.  I have been a bit slow getting going since Christmas and this is a card that has been sitting in my drafts, so while I contemplate starting this year's creativity I thought I would show you this.

I used a topper from Hunkydory and backed it with an embossed snowflake design using a freebie embossing folder which I have had for quite a long time, and then that has been layered on to a complementary snippet of card from Hunkydory.


The embossed layer was a freebie snowflake border which I repeated to cover the square snippet of white pearlised card, and after embossing inked, using first some Shaded Lilac Distress ink and then to darken some Adirondack Eggplant.  I finished it with a strip cut from the bottom of the purple card and then used one of the seasonal greetings from the topper sheet.

                                                                  oooOoooOoooOooo                                               

I expect a lot of you know that Google are changing the way people access Blogger and some of the options are being removed.  As  I understand it if you follow via the blue button, Google Friends Connect but do not have a Google Account you will be dropped as a follower, and this in turn may affect commenting as some of the options shown under the comment box may disappear too.  I think it is quite straightforward to sign up to a Google account and as far as I know this does not mean you have to sign up to Google PLUS + which a lot of people are not happy to do.  I don't think this will affect me personally too much but thought it as well to mention this in case it causes any confusion as this is due to start happening from Monday 11th January onwards.   

                                                                 oooOoooOoooOooo


Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

Pat  x

I am entering the following challenge:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 210 where we use up our snippets of card etc.




9 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Adorable. Have a lovely weekend x

Di said...

Love this card! Who doesn't adore a Teddy :) Am waiting with bated breath to see what happens with followers on 11th January - I predict a few very unhappy bloggers - although I did think that blogger had already done a 'sweep' round about the 20th December.

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Aww this is so sweet Pat. xxx

Barb said...

Hi Pat, what a pretty card. He's a very sweet image. Very impressed with the way you've used your freebie snowflake to match up for the whole background. Barbxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

After we made a lot of Christmascards it is a bit normal to start the new year sloowly I think, it's the sme with me, but don't worry after a while our creativity will come back!!Your card is so cute with that sweet little christmas bear!! I love it!!!

Have a great creative time!!!
Maria

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

Darnell said...

Your Hunkydory card is just that, Pat! It makes me smile! As far as I can tell the new Google changes haven't hit me yet. I'm starting to wonder, but since the warning came from Google itself, presumably it's just a matter of time before they get to each of us, the dirty bleeps, lol!! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

A darling topper, and you've made it even more awesome with the dies, gleaming pops of gold frame and the wonderful snowflake embossing. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's having a slow time getting 'back in the groove'. Thanks for the info on Blogger. Hope we don't all have a mess on our hands. TFS & Hugs

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Pat! Love how you've inked the embossing and that darling topper!