Hi all. I have been busier with outside things recently and my mojo has been harder to summon up. I did intend to show a card this time which I made for another male birthday but stupidly I forgot to take a photo before posting it. It was a scenic one with silhouette lions from a set by Sheena Douglass, and I am gutted that I can't show it. November is a heavy cardmaking month for me, and then of course there are still Christmas cards to make!
This masculine card is using a Michael Powell stamp I got a while ago from a local shop that was closing so thought I would christen it with this card. I did more or less follow the suggested colours on the stamp itself.
I found a snippet of smooth white card and stamped using my Versafine Smokey Gray ink. I did stamp it several times using my Misti so the ink looks darker. I coloured it with my Lyra Waterbrush Pens using my glass mat and picking it up with a waterbrush. I only have twelve colours, and this way you can mix the colours together and get a lighter coloured finish. These Michael Powell stamps are quite busy so I thought the lighter finish would look better.
When I had finished colouring it I cut it using one of the Crealies Pierced Rectangle dies but the stamp is quite long and thin and I didn't have one narrow enough so I used a technique I saw a little while ago, not sure where now, but you cut it with a wider die and then place it back into the die overlapping the edge with the amount you wish to lose making sure you line it up so the pattern matches, you can usually feel if the paper is pushed in to the grooves, but obviously easier using a plain edged die, and then just run it through your machine again. Luckily it worked well, I did hold my breath and hope for the best because I would have had to start again which wouldn't have pleased me much.
I wanted a background for the topper so using some Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade and Faded Jeans I laid the colours down on my glass mat and spritzed and flapped the snippet of card through it with the intention that the colour would be more random with white areas, but I think I added too much water so it spread and the colours merged giving a rather muddy look.
After making sure it was dry I then got out my Brushos and added some more green, orange and a little purple separately, spritzing with water and drying in between. I left this overnight and when I looked the next day and put the topper over it I decided the colours did complement one another better.
I then put the card together mounting the background on to my usual 6" square base card and added an XCut die cut sentiment using a snippet of gold mirri card.
Thank you for dropping by today and I'll see you again soon.
I am entering the following challenges:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Weeks 307/8 where we use up our snippets of paper, card etc.
Happy Little Stampers November Watercolour Challenge - Anything Goes (no optional twist).
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (no optional twist).