Pages

Monday 21 October 2019

Floral Delights

Hi everyone.  Here are some cards which I made for Chocolate Baroque's TV shows last month.  These are new stamps again and the first is a Brusho Background and a pretty bouquet of flowers called Celebration Bouquet.


I started with Dark Brown Brusho which I sprinkled around the outside of the card and spritzed with gold mica infused water to give it some extra glimmer.  I then added a little orange and I mopped up a lot of water from the centre so it was a little lighter.  I then decided to go for more of a dramatic look and added more Distress Inks using a blending tool and darkened the edges with Walnut Stain, then a bit of Ripe Persimmon and finally the centre with some Scattered Straw.  I then stamped the flowers using Versafine and heat embossed using WOW Metallic Brass Embossing Powder.  I then bleached the colour from the flowers and leaves to give some contrast against the now very dark background.  I finished by adding a sentiment from the same set to a strip of white card stamping it with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder and blending some of the Walnut Stain and Ripe Persimmon ink around the edges before adding it across the corner of the card.   This did end up being a bit darker than I had at first intended but I think it makes a good contrast with the metallic finish of the pretty bouquet.



My next card features the pretty Magnolia flower from Happy Flower's Day.  I stamped the image four times over a piece of white card using Versafine Olympia Green Ink and colour the flowers using Spun Sugar, Forest Moss, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks.  I found a strip of light green vellum and using my Misti I placed the strip over the background floral images, anchoring it in various places with repositionable tape, and then tucked a piece of copy paper underneath so that when I stamped off the edges it would not get on to the stamped background.  I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with WOW Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder.  I worked my way round the parchment strip embossing with the White EP.  Maybe there was a quicker and easier way to do it but it worked fairly well and only one of the four images was not quite stamped in the right place, but good enough not to do it for a second time and luckily that was hidden by the sentiment plate.    I creased the top of the parchment so that it could be stuck on the back before glueing the background layer in place on the white base card.

I die cut two layers for the sentiment which came with the same set of stamps and I cut the green layer with the smaller die to inset the white piece into it.   I then stamped it with the sentiment using the Olympia Green Ink and then heat embossed it with WOW Clear Gloss EP.

I then made the one more large flower and two smaller buds stamping them on to white card and coloured them using the same Versafine and Distress Inks.  I then put the card together and attached the largest behind the inset layer of the sentiment, and the other two behind the whole thing mainly because the large flower was inclined to hang off the edge of the card so I needed to bring it in a little.

I am adding this card to the Challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop - No. 363 where we use up our snippets of card and paper etc.  I used quite a few with bits of white card for the flowers and sentiment, and the vellum, as well as a piece of dark green card for the sentiment.



My last card for now has the Snakes Head Fritillary flower featured on the same stamp set that I used for the last card.  I made the background using an old plastic card and with Cracked Pistachio, Shaded Lilac and Broken China Distress Inks.  I laid each ink down separately and spritzed with water before adding one colour at a time, drying in between, dragging the ink across the white card, and then using the Broken China I also added some lines using the edge of the card.  I then stamped the central flower, and used a mask before stamping each of the flowers to the left and right of it.  I used Versafine Crimson Red Ink on the flower and Momento Bamboo Leaves for the foliage adding the inks to the stamp.  I then coloured them in using the same green and added Fired Brick Distress Ink to each of the flowers.

I finished by die cutting this using my Crealies Pierced Rectangle dies and added a cobalt blue coloured mat to it.  I stamped the sentiment using Deep Lagoon Versafine Ink and adhered it to a white base card.

I 'm hoping this last card will fit the theme over at The Flower Challenge as they are asking for CAS cards, and they are celebrating their 3rd Birthday, so congratulations on three years of running this super challenge.

Thank you for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon.






8 comments:

Darnell said...

Three really artistic and fabulous cards, Pat! You have a great eye for design when it comes to your floral cards and I think all three of these are detailed and gorgeous!! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

Lovely cards Pat, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Viv said...

Gorgeously detailed cards Pat, all unique and beautiful!

Mac Mable said...

The brusho's and distress inks on your first card look vintage and your card is beautiful Pat. What a beautiful second card, love the magnolia image and your design is stunning. Love the artsy background on your third pretty card. Thank you for sharing your three fabulous cards and for your wonderful inspiration x Your new 'face' photo is gorgeous Pat and what a pretty smile x.

Marjan said...

I love the glow and shimmer on your first card, it is beautiful! The background on the third immediately caught my eye, it gives it so much interest to the pretty flowers. But the second is my absolute favourite, what a beauty!! And I love the idea of the panel in the middle with the embossing!

Kathyk said...

Ooh three fabulous cards to tempt us today, Pat, loving the rich blend of inks on the first, the fab image on the second and the colouring on the third

Happy Friday

Kathyk

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my what lovely creations Pat. The Brusho colouring is lovely and the snake head flowers are so unusual. I just adore how you did the vellum piece over the magnolia... Genius and so very effective!

Di said...

Wonderful cards Pat - each one different and so elegant! Love them all.

Hugs

Di xx