Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2023

On Safari

Hi everyone.  I made this card for our son whose birthday was actually yesterday, and as I had just bought this new Creative Stamper Magazine and the stamps had some fun images of a zebra, giraffe, lions and a cheetah as well as some other coordinated images including these leaves,  I thought that one of these would make a nice masculine card, so in the end I opted for the giraffe which together with the zebra are images by Crafty Individuals included as part of the set this time.  


On looking through the magazine I saw that one of the designs was a CAS card and I liked the look of the giraffe peering out from the leaves.  I stamped the leaf below it first then masked it before stamping the giraffe and then masked that before adding the other leaves surrounding it using some Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.   I then coloured it using a set of brush pens by Staedler scribbling with them on my glass mat and picking up the colour using a waterbrush.  I also added some softly blended inks around the giraffe using some yellow behind its head and some blue around that, and then finished with the sentiment again stamped with the Vintage Sepia and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.  

I sent the card to Australia three weeks ago thinking that should be more than enough time, but by the weekend it still hadn't arrived, but luckily yesterday it turned up...phew!  Thank you for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon.






16 comments:

Aquarius said...

I like the way this giraffe is peeping out of the foliage, a great card.

Ellen said...

Beautiful card…love it!
Grtz Ellen
Ellen’s Greetingcards

Kath said...

A fabulous card Pat - the giraffe amongst the leaves makes a perfect masculine card.
Kath x

Donna Ellis said...

What a delightful card for any animal lover, Pat! I especially like that my eye was drawn to your scene, reminding me that other animals deserve to enjoy this earth at least as much as we are! Hoping your son soon receives it!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

cuilliesocks said...

It's a fabulous card Pat, I love the image and your super design, great colouring too, Kate x

Liz said...

Fabulous card Pat, beautiful colouring. Happy Birthday to your son, so pleased his card arrived in time. xx

Cathy said...

Love this card Pat! I love giraffes :) Such a lovely design and great masking. Glad the card finally arrived here in Australia for your son, I'm sure he would have loved it, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

Love the giraffe peeking out of the foliage, that looks like a great stamps set, looking forward to seeing the other cards you make with the jungle animals :)

Loll said...

Wonderful BD card for your son, Pat! I love the Off-the-Edge design with the giraffe peeking through the leaves. Great masking to create depth. Your colouring is awesome and I love the sponged colours in the background. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Brilliant card Pat…I’m sure your son loved his card..

Anne

Joan said...

It’s a lovely card, I like tge clean and simple look of it and the fab giraffe stamp

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great card, Pat, love how you achieved his peeking out with the leaves. This issue definitely has some fun stuff in it for summer and also a few good articles, I thought. So happy the card arrived just in the nick of time! Happy weekend! xoxo

Mrs A. said...

What a fabulous card. I love your arrangement and colouring of the Giraffe. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

A great looking CAS card with the off-the-edge design. Glad it reached your son in time. x

Kathyk said...

Super make and colour choice and I am loving the font for your sentiment too

Have a great weekend

Kathyk

Marjan said...

Good choice using the giraffe! The design on this card for your son is great, love how he peeps his head out of the foliage and how you coloured everything. The glow around his head is beautiful! Congratulations on your son's birthday and happy that your wonderful card arrived on time.
Thank you for your very nice comments on my blog when I was away, much appreciated!