Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Nature's Best

Hi all.  I have another card for a female birthday and using another gelli plate background which was intended to feature grasses picked whilst on a recent walk, but I think by the time I had arranged them on the plate over a layer of paint, it was a bit dry and only picked up the shape of a couple of the seed heads, so I ended up aborting that and just added a little blue and yellow ink in certain areas over the top and decided to add one of the wild flowers from a set by Art Journey called Nature Flowers, and also a couple of images from a set called Grasses, and also a couple of little bees from a set by Chocolate Baroque called Honey Bee.  The three images on the white layer were a little bird given as one of five little freebie stamps when I bought a Crafty Individuals stamp recently , and also another larger bee from the Honey Bee Chocolate Baroque set and a small maple leaf from another of their sets Nature 1.

I started by cutting the circle from a piece of white card approximate 5 1/2" and the circle approimately 4", large enough to accommodate the little scene but leaving a reasonable border all round.  I did cut it so that there was a bit more space at the bottom for the sentiment across the bottom right corner.  I stamped the two Queen Anne's Lace flowers (otherwise known as Cow Parsley) a little way up from the bottom of the gelli plate piece and I just kept putting the circle over the top so I could see if they looked to be in the right place.  Once I had done this I added the grasses using a couple of the stamps below and around the flowers, and I did use a Black Micron Pen to extend one of the flowers stems.  I finished by added the branches which also come from the same set and made sure that I placed them to fit around the circle, and finally the sweet little bees..all this was stamped using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.  I then stamped the extra little images on the white layer around the circle and added a sentiment which was from a set of stamps which came with a magazine..a Creative Stamping one from a few month's ago I think.  I decided for these images to use a Versafine Smokey Gray Ink as I thought it would be a little softer, but to be honest don't think it made a lot of difference. 

Thank you for your visit today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

NBUS Challenge - No. 51 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff (Both bee images and the little bird are all NBUS items).
We Love Stamping June Challenge - CAS/Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations June Challenge - Around the World/Anything Goes.
Allsorts Challenge - Week 734 Bunch of Flowers/Anything Goes.
Happy Little Stampers June Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes.
Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Summer Blooms

10 comments:

Aquarius said...

You've done a great job with your Gelli plate background - beautiful meadow scene with the 'nature' details added to the frame.

Liz said...

Wonderful card Pat, I love the design which you’ve done with your Gelli plate, just beautiful. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Pat, love the gorgeous background you have created...such a versatile card..

Anne

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Pretty stamping and a lovely scene on this aperture card, thank you for joining us at Allsorts.
Lorraine

Loll said...

Your gelli plate background is gorgeous, Pat!! Love the scene you've created using a mix of stamps from different sets. It's really beautiful, especially in the smokey gray ... more subtle than if stamped in black. Great work!! xx

Marjan said...

Mixing and matching, you did that well and your background is wonderful. The circle sets it of really well and I love the small stamps you added! A lovely card!

Mrs.B said...

It's a lovely card and I love the shades of green you've used on the gelli plate background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous gelli plate background, your grasses and seed heads are so pretty ♥

Sarn said...

It’s a stunner Pat. Love circles, love gelli prints and love your stamp choices x

Joan said...

Its a lovely card with the colourful geli plate background and thw cow parsley stamp too

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge
Joan