Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2023

Heart and Flowers Anniversary

Hi all.  Here is a recent anniversary make featuring a gelli print and a Sizzix Tim Holtz Mixed Media No. 5 set of three cut into the card dies which I have had for quite a few years.  I also used a Nellie Snellen Multi Frame Heart die set which I have had forever..lol, and also an old Cuttlebug Embossing Folder called Kimmy-Luvs.


I found the gelli plate print in my stash and I think this was one I made when I was using some foliage I picked on a walk several weeks ago, and I used a couple of pieces of fern, and as far as I remember the colours were Lucky Clover and Twisted Citron Distress Inks, and maybe a bit of Pine Needles DI, but didn't make a note of it so a bit of a guess.   The fern print was not very strong and I  decided to add some more inks and a spray or two of water, before I pulled the print for a second time, so it was well covered with the ink, and ended up really as a watercolour background.

Using a piece of white card I cut the floral die twice and then stuck it to the gelli plate background so it showed off the most pleasingly coloured areas in the gelli print through the flower cut out shapes.   I then cut the heart from another piece of white card, using the smaller picot edge heart die, and then ran it through the Kimmy-Luvs EF and layered it onto the centre of the background layer using some Pinflair Glue Gel to give it some shape.  Finally I added the sentiment using Versafine Deep Lagoon Ink and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder, and then added this onto a 6" square card.  It does look rather dark and much darker than the colour looks on the outside of the cube, but I thought that it went OK with the background. 

Thank you for joining me here today and I'll be back soon.   x 






I am entering the following challenges:

Happy Little Stampers September Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.
Happy Little Stampers September Watercolour Challenge - Anything Goes.
The Flower Challenge - No. 84 Use a Die.
Triple B September Challenge - Anything Goes with Birds, Blooms and Butterflies ( any one or all three).
Beautifiul Blossoms Challenge - Anything Goes Flowers/Optional Mood Board No. 9.






16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

such beautiful delicate die cut the colours are so pretty behind ♥

Liz said...

Fabulous card Pat, I love the colour combination and the heart in the middle is just beautiful. xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Pat. Always great when you can use some of your favourite items from your stash. The gelli print is gorgeous behind the flowers. LOVE that gorgeous embossed heart. xx

Aquarius said...

A lovely anniversary card with lots of detail. Great use of the various dies and the Gelli print background. I particularly like the white heart - so pretty with the extra embossing.

Aimeslee Winans said...

The die looks fab on your gelli print, a lovely card! xoxo

Viv said...

Just lovely Pat!
I adore that die... it's so elegant and has made a stunning piece over your gelli print. x

Diane said...

A gorgeous floral card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane TB Co-Owner and BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Donna Walls said...

This is a very elegant Anniversary card and I like the pops of color coming through the die cut panel. Thanks for sharing your love of all things Floral with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We appreciate the support!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Kathyk said...

So delicate and pretty and bound to be appreciated upon receipt

Happy Wednesday

Kathyk

Marjan said...

This card is perfect for an anniversary, the card is very pretty and romantic! The gelliplate behind is very lovely, also because of the subtle color gradient. Love the elegant embossed heart as eyecatcher in the middel!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Pat what an extra special and gorgeous card. Love the heart and die cut flowers. With beautiful shading of beautiful colours.
Faith x

stampinwithanita said...

Wow! This came out beautifully...I love the gelli plate background, too. Thanks so much for joining us The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Viv said...

Such a gorgeous creation Pat! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

foleysfriend said...

So pretty. Love the beautiful die cutting panel on top, revealing the gorgeous background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.

Helen said...

Your card is beautiful Pat with a lovely soft delicate look with that beautiful diecut in each corner. Your background is perfect. It's always good to use up something in the stash! Thanks so much for sharing over at HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge. Helen F :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Aimeslee DT