Pages

Friday 19 December 2014

Glittery Snowflakes Christmas

Hi everyone.  I made this Christmas card using a Creative Expressions die which is called Vintage Baubles, and one of a number of co-ordinating stamps which you can use with the smaller of the two dies, and I have the Snowflake Bauble.  I also used a large background stamp from Chocolate Baroque called Snowflake Shadow.


I stamped and heat embossed the background using a snippet of white card and Ranger's Perfect Medium Ink and WOW Glittery Gold Embossing Powder.  The base card is a white card approximately 6" x 6" and the stamp is the same size, but I decided to cut the background down a bit to allow room for the sentiment on the side.  I finished the background by mounting this on to a snippet of Gold Mirri card.

The set comes with two different sized baubles consisting of an outer and an inner die, so you can make a solid bauble, or by adding the inner piece, a cut out bauble.  I used just the large outer die and made a solid bauble using a snippet of Gold Mirri Card, and then I used the co-ordinating stamp and the Perfect Medium heat embossed with the WOW Glittery Gold EP, and cut it out with the smaller outer die and assembled the bauble using these two layers.

I finished by stamping the sentiment, using the same products and technique, straight on to the base card.

With everything that has been going on recently I think I may have omitted to welcome one of my recent followers, so just in case, she is Jennifer and you can find her blog here.  Please do go and see her wonderful work. 

I hope everybody's preparations for Christmas are going to plan.  Mine have been rather haphazard but I am getting there.  Will hopefully be posting one or two more cards before Christmas.

Pat x

I am entering this card in the following challenge:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 155.  We have to use up snippets that we have accumulated and I have used quite a few here, so huffing and puffing I have arrived with a day to spare.
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Anything Goes.


9 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous golden bauble with is complimented perfectly with the CB snowflake background (I love the snowflake big bold backgrounds). Enjoy the festive season, Shirleyxx

Jacee said...

Lovely design Pat
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Darnell said...

This is a golden delight of a snippets Christmas classic card, Pat! I am loving everything about it!! Happy Holidays to you and yours and all the best in the new year!! Hugs! Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! The vintage ornament looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Di said...

Beautiful card Pat and fabulous embossing!

Hugs

Di xx

MaryH said...

I'm just going WOW! myself looking at this gleaming golden beauty. Love that ornament, & the CB stamps (do you know I discovered I have some CB Christmas stamps that I forgot I have?! Maybe will use them during the year!). I will have to check out this WOW gold EP you used, it's lovely. Wonderful card, and liked that you trimmed it so that the sentiment fit nicely too. Will check out Jennifer's blog too...so tfs all. Merry Christmas, wish I could send you some lovely warm sunshine. We did have overcast & some rain late this afternoon. to be a bit cooler overnight I think. Big Hugs.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! This is such a stunning card! I always love the sparkle and shine that come with the holidays and you've captured that perfectly here. Great job at mixing different shapes and backgrounds and stamps to create such a lovely masterpiece. Happy holidays to you and yours and thank you for sharing this with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

scrappymo! said...

Very elegant!

Gorgeous stamp and gorgeous die. The ornament is stunning.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

kendell said...

I love this card