Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2019

Quick Cards for January

Hi there.  It's the middle of the month and time for some more 15 Minute cards over at the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog, and here are  my two cards.  This first one is using the stamp set Let Your Heart Sing, and also one of the papers from the set My Floral Soul.


I started by finding a piece of one of the papers with a fairly plain bottom area and some blue at the top which had the look of a sky and I stamped the image using Distress Ink in this purple colour Dusty Concord.  I then added a bit of Adirondack Sunshine Yellow through a Visible Image stencil called Strobes using a round blending tool.  I didn't do it as is, but I moved it around to get the bits of white where I wanted them omitting the central piece, and I also used my round blending tool to made a round inked shape for the sun.  I then used some more Distress Ink in Abandoned Coral just above the tree line and darkened the sun shape to give more contrast.

 

I finished the card by adding a dark blue mat and added this to the white base card. 




I made the second card using the set Live Out Loud and another of the papers from My Floral Soul.  I started with the background and chose a piece of the paper and cut it to fit the white card.  I then stamped the image on to a piece of white card using Versamark Ink and heat embossed with WOW Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder.  I then used Mermaid Lagoon and Wilted Violet Distress Inks and a waterbrush to fill in the background areas of the stamp and cut it out and mounted it on to a piece of co-ordinating blue cardstock.  I finished by stamping the sentiment using Versafine Majestic blue Ink.  The edges of the stamp are uneven in case you think my cutting out is completely useless...lol, although I did cut some of the edges a bit straighter, and looking again now perhaps I could have straightened the curve on the left a bit more.


For lots of great inspiration every day visit the Design Team Blog.

Thank you for looking at my blog today and I'll see you again soon.








13 comments:

TaeEun said...

Both cards are just gorgeous, Pat! I checked out the stamp sets and they are really great! What a creative use of both stamps in totally different ways! Have a great day :)!

Kath said...

Beautiful cards Pat.
Kath x

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Pat, the DP make such beautiful backgrounds for your stamps :)

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful cards Pat! The sky you created on the first card is so beautiful!

Viv said...

2 fab cards Pat!

Trina P. said...

Amazing 5 min. cards, Pat. Both are beautiful. The pattern paper is perfect. x

Mac Mable said...

Stunning creations both of them and the designs are so unique and absolutely gorgeous x.

rachel said...

Two gorgeous cards Pat - I loved working with these stamps!!! Hugs rachel xx

Cathy said...

Fantastic cards Pat, love the images and thos papers make fab backgrounds, Cathy x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two fabulous cards Pat and I love the sun’s rays on the first one. I really like how you’ve put lots of colour into both cards, very inspirational. Wishing you a colourful week x ps....no problem using my iPad tonight so not sure what’s going on with a Google!

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Pat. I love the sky on the first card, so effective. The stamped image on the second card is fabulous, I love the colours. xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

two lovely cards Pat, so well done.
x Karen

Loll said...

Two gorgeous card Pat! Totally amazing that you created each of these beauties in under 15 minutes. Gorgeous layering of elements on each of the cards. xx