I started with the background using my Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio, laid on to a piece of acrylic, spritzed and then applied to some white card. I repeated the process several times until I was happy with the coverage. I stamped the seaweed and cogs and the two images to the left which remind me of jellyfish using Peeled Paint Distress Ink, and I managed to join up the seabed using the side of a pokey tool coated in the ink and dragged across to form the little hilly areas. I then stamped the large and small nautiluses and the two small seahorses using Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink. I then coloured the images with orange, blue, yellow and brown shades of DI's including Fossilized Amber, Mermaid Lagoon, Lucky Clover, Peeled Paint, Candied Apple, Brushed Corduroy, Carved Pumpkin and Abandoned Coral, and to brighten the yellows a bit I also used Adirondack Sunshine Yellow, and these all applied with a waterbrush. I know that strictly speaking you should seal the DI's with Clear Embossing Powder to stop bleeding of the ink when using water, but I didn't want a hard outline and mainly it worked OK, and where the lines disappeared too much I used a little coloured pencil to fill them in.
To finish I used the bubbles from the Floral Hearts set stamped with the Blueprint Sketch and then over the top of some of them I used a White Posca Pen, which I also used on some of the eyes. I then blended some more Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch around the edges before adding it to the white base card.
Thank you for looking at my blog today and I'll see you again soon, and I am looking forward to doing another Guest Design spot over at Chocolate Baroque later in the year.
I am entering the following challenge:
Addicted to Stamps and More - No 342 Make Your Mark.