Pages

Friday 3 May 2019

Sax It Up

Hi everyone.  Another male birthday card and this particular friend is learning to play the saxophone and when I saw this stencil called Sax It Up from Visible Image I thought this would be ideal.


I started by inking up the stencil itself using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and spritzed it lightly before laying it down on to a piece of white card, and I did this several times to get better coverage but there were still a few gaps, so I took my waterbrush and added extra ink and then used a fine Micron pen and went round the image with it to define the edges.  I then laid the stencil over again and blended some Fossilized Amber and then some Candied Apple DI to darken the inside edges.  I finished the background with an Artistic Stamper Music Background stamp using Hickory Smoke DI to add more interest, but it doesn't show up in the photo very well.  Lastly I added a sentiment on to a die cut stitched oval tag using Versafine Majestic Blue Ink, and added it to a 6" square white card.

Thank you for joining me today and I'll see you again soon.









6 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

amazing image with the stencil:)

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card, I love the sax player image, and your colours are brilliant, your friend is sure to love it, hope your are having a good weekend Pat, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Wow ...what an artsy card and loved how you achieved this unique effect. Fabulous and fun ....I love it x

Marjan said...

I missed a lot of your beautiful creations because of my vacation, but scrolled back and had a god look at them! Beautiful!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cool!! I bet your friend will love it.
x Karen

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how lovely this is... What a great image! and I love what you did with it... I'm sure your friend will be thrilled Pat!