Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2019

Cards for June TV Shows

Hi everyone.  Here are some cards I made for last month's Chocolate Baroque TV shows.  The first one was made using the Rose and Thistle set of stamps.  I used the fan shaped flower head stamp and decided to make a wreath shape with it.  I divided a 7" square piece of card into four marking with a pencil and then began by stamping the image top and bottom across the centre line, and then added in one image either side making sure they stopped at the centre line.  I then turned the card and did the same bottom left and right, and stamped using Versafine Majestic Blue ink and rubbed out the pencil lines.  I then used spritzed Oxide inks in Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey applied using a piece of acrylic sheet.  I wanted to keep the centre light and using the acrylic helps to direct the ink where you want it.  I did this several times until I was happy with the look. 


I then coloured the flowers using the same three inks, blending the blue and yellow to make light green and used the yellow and orange on the flowers.  I finished by adding a sentiment from the Rose Stem Script set to the centre of the wreath using the Salty Ocean ink, and after matting onto a piece of dark blue, added this to a slightly larger square white card.  This obviously makes a very large card, but you could make the wreath shape smaller by using less of the fan shapes or by infilling with one of the smaller stamps.

I am entering this card into the following challenge:

Stamping Sensations July Challenge - The Earth Laughs in Flowers.




My second card again features the Rose and Thistle set of stamps and I used the multi rose image and stamped it using Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed using the WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.  I then coloured the roses using Candied Apple Distress Ink for the flowers and Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress Inks for the leaves with just a little added Candied Apple and trimmed round the edges.  I continued by stamping the little rosebud image on to another piece of white card using the same black ink and blended some of the Twisted Citron over it, and I mounted the topper on to a piece of craft foam to give it dimension before adding it to the card over the rosebud background.

I am entering this card into the following challenge:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - No. 356 where we use up our snippets of card and paper etc.  (two white snippets which had been laying on my desk left over from another card)




This again uses the Rose and Thistle set but this time the floral heart stamp and the fan shaped flowers in the background.  I stamped the heart on to a piece of white card using Versafine Smokey Gray ink and then coloured using Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide, and Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.  I then fussy cut it out.  For the background I die cut a rectangle using a Crealies Pierced edge die and blended the Worn Lipstick and Broken China on to it with a little Hickory Smoke too.  I stamped the fan shaped spray of flowers on to it around the edges using the same colours to give a tone on tone effect and I adhered the heart to it using Pinflair Glue Gel to give it dimension.  I then added a die cut white mat using the same Crealies Pierced Dies and added this to a white base card.

Thanks for joining me here today and I'll see you soon.







15 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful cards Pat, love your colouring with the roses.

Kath said...

Fabulous cards Pat - the first one is my favourite, I love the subtle colours.
Kath x

Stamps and Paper said...

Three beautiful cards Pat all so different but equally gorgeous

Anne

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Three absolutely gorgeous cards Pat and all so different. A really clever use of the stamp on the first one, bold and beautiful coloured roses on the second one and wonderful blending on the third. They're lovely stamps and you've showcased them beautifully. Why not pop over to Stamping Sensations with one of these cards as they would all be just right for this month's challenge x

Mac Mable said...

Wow how creative with your first wreath card, which is amazing and so pretty. Striking second card with a wonderful rose image. Love the delicate look of the third card and the background tonal stamping looks wonderful. Three glorious cards.....Thank you x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I'm just popping back to say....Thank you for joining us in our 'The Earth Laughs In Flowers' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

brenda said...

Not sure where my comment went, there might be a half finished one but will start afresh.

They were such lovely and seasonal stamps to work with and great pattern building on the first, but would you believe I had lost sight of the fact the 'Earth laughs in Flowers' sentiment was on the set, come of having too many stamps I think!!

The second is so pretty with the green picked out on the back panel and the tiny buds stamped on it and the last with such a beautifully blended background. That heart with the Roses was one of my favourites when we used them last time round.

As always it's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh they are so lovely! I love the pretty creative wreath and the roses are gorgeous.The soft BG stamping on your 3rd card really looks beautiful! Enjoy your day Pat!

Liz said...

Three wonderful cards, Pat. I especially love the first one, brilliant design and I love your colour choice. xx

Di said...

Beautiful cards Pat - all of them! I do so love the dram of your snippets card though - very striking and such wonderful colouring, as always!

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

The first one made into a wreath shape is such a neat idea and gives the stamp image a totally different look.
Love the third card for its colours and simplicity whilst the middle card is so striking. Hugs Mrs A.

Loll said...

All three cards are so beautiful Pat. I have to say that the roses really stole my heart. Gorgeous watercolouring with shading that gives them so much life. I love the red being added to the leaves. xx

TaeEun said...

All three cards are stunningly beautiful and so unique in their designs, Pat! The color combination on each of them is so inspiring! I love especially light blue, gray and coral pink combo on the last card!
And I want to say huge thanks to you for visiting and leaving lovely comments on my blog! I really appreciate that. I wanted to reply to your comment today but the reply function somehow disappeared. And I couldn't find your email address either. So I write my answer here. Hope it's okay:). The Ranger alcohol ink cardstock is different from Yupo. One side of it is non-porous but the back of it is like a normal paper. It doesn't warp easily while heat embossing but normal Yupo does. For heat embossing you need to use heavyweight Yupo.

Marjan said...

I missed these, that was in my last week at work, it was a very busy week. I love floral cards and these are all very pretty. You used nice techniques, always interesting how cards were made.

pinky said...

What a beautiful selection of cards, all perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky