Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2019

July Twofer Card Challenge

Hi there everyone.  This month's Twofer Challenge run by Darnell has the theme 'Garden' and I decided to use this Penny Black stamp called Summer Dream which I bought recently, so here are my two cards.


Using my Misti and Bristol Smooth Watercolour Card I stamped using various shades of Distress Inks I gradually built up the colour spritzing slightly each time before stamping then added extra ink with my waterbrush.  I used Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, Picked Raspberry, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy, Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain.


I finished with a sentiment stamped using Versafine Olympia Green Ink heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.

I am entering this card into:

Stamping Sensations July Challenge - The Earth Laughs in Flowers.
AAA Birthday Challenge - No. 3 For The Girls.
Penny Black and More July Challenge - Summer Colours.

The second card was made with alcohol inks in Stream, Indigo, Stonewashed, Flamingo, Watermelon and Terracotta, and using the same Summer Dream stamp and my Misti I applied stamp cleaner to the stamp itself to lift the alcohol ink away leaving that ghost print.  I don't have the proper TH ink lifting pad but the stamp cleaner has a sponge on the top of the bottle and I applied a good even coat to the stamp and it worked fairly well.  I repeated this several times .  I then backed this piece with some blue card and added the Wild Rose Studio Rose Bunch die cut in white which stands out well over the AI background. 


I then added a sentiment using Versafine Deep Lagoon ink and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.

I am also entering this card into the

CAS Mix Up Challenge where the theme is Alcohol Lift Ink + Stamping + Your Choice, and my additional technique is die cutting.

I am also adding another card into this post which is for the CAS Stencil Challenge as time is running short and all of the challenges close on the 24th I thought I would post this one here too.  The theme for this one is Alcohol Ink/Alcohol Lift and I opted to use alcohol inks through a stencil.


The stencil is a new one bought recently called Floral Waves from Dutch Doobadoo and using Flamingo, Watermelon and Clover alcohol inks and some Yupo paper I applied them using a piece of blending foam.  I then added some glue to the centre petals of the flower shapes and added some gold gilding flakes to add a little bit of sparkle which really doesn't show up in the photo.  I then mounted this on to a piece of green card cut using one of my Crealies Pierced Rectangle dies.  I then die cut a set of leaves which I got from The Works some time ago and which I have also used for the first time and which I triple embossed with WOW Metallic Brass Embossing Powder.  I mounted this on to my white base card and finished with a sentiment also heat embossed with the Brass EP.

Thank you for joining me here on my blog today and I hope to see you again soon.





                                                      
                      Please grab our logo              



        
                       Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog







27 comments:

Liz said...

Three fabulous cards, Pat. The lovely stamp is showcased beautifully on your first card - love the colours too. Very clever way of using the stamp on your gorgeous alcohol background and great stencilling on your third card. xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Pat, and thoseAI stenciled colours are so pretty and set off your Brass embossed die cut beautifully, thanks so much for sharing with CAS Stencil, Robyn

Darnell said...

Your first card is stunning, Pat! I love the Asian feel you achieved with the stamping and spritzing! Soft and dreamy and such beautiful colors! And both your alcohol lift card and your stencil design are sensational, too! I'm curious, when you did your lift off using the stamp cleaner, did you stamp off your lifted ink onto a clean panel? That would have been pretty if it worked! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

So pleased Pat that you added your stenciled last card to our CAS Stencil alcohol ink/alcohol lift challenge. Your Twofer cards are gorgeous too. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

three gorgeous cards Pat, I love your penny black stamp the image is so beautiful. Great job with the AI lift and that beautiful stencilled card.

Kath said...

Lovely cards Pat and I like the background behind your Rose Bunch.
Kath x

Kathyk said...

Beautiful makes, Pat, loving your TWOFER, glad you get the use from your MISTI mine is just gathering dust! Love your delicate water colour effect on one of your twofers. I have that same foliage die (from the Works?) as you used on your last make too

Happy Wednesday

Kathyk

Viv said...

Fab makes Pat. Loving the PB stamp (did you get it here in the UK?)
Great AI Lift technique - the colours are wonderful and set off the die cut really well
And finally, liking muchly the stencil you used - I also have that die - NBUS!!
Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us at Stamping Sensations and CAS Stencil! x

Kara Lynne said...

That Summer Dream stamp set is so aptly named by the looks of your two cards! I love the CAS watercolor look on your distress inked flower. It's a gorgeous combination of colors. Way to go using the stamp cleaner to lift the ink off your second card! You achieved such an amazing background! Your third card is gorgeous too - you really have an eye for blending colors together! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Jane said...

Beautifully crafted florals, love your colours! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Bonnie said...

Your garden flowers are beautiful, Pat! I love how you've inked the flowers and the depth of the colors! Using stamp cleaner for lifting is a brilliant idea and worked beautifully! Love those alcohol inked colors! Your stenciled card is just as pretty with those colors dabbed through the stencil! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

Pat you are spoiling us...These cards are creative, unique and absolutely stunning. Your first birthday card is so pretty, with great stamping and such a beautiful effect. The thinking of you card looks so artsy and amazing and the lift technique looks fabulous and great use of the stamp cleaner. Loving the colour combination on the third card and what an amazing design. Thank you for joining in the CAS Mix Up challenge with the second glorious card x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

All three of the cards are so beautiful, Pat! You achieved a soft and elegant watercolor-look by stamping and spritzing. The blend of the ink colors with the white lifted flowers of the second card looks amazing. I would have never thought of using stamp cleaner to lift AI, but it worked wonderfully. I'll remember that. The stenciled card is so pretty. I love the colors and the dimension of the triple heat-embossed shiny leaves.
Thank you so much for sharing the AI lift card with us at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

brenda said...

You certainly achieved two totally different cards using the lovely PB stamp which is one of my current favourites, the first is so delicate in the shades of pink and the second has real vibrancy and depth. And lovely soft stencilling on the thirds card.

I see you use Britol as well, I use the Vellum (although it's not vellum at all) and love the smoothness of it, comes close to Fabriano but not as expensive. Have you tried CB's stamping card yet, it's pretty good and takes all mediums you throw at it?

As always it's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges, my thanks for joining in.

B x

Anita in France said...

Summer dreamy, Pat ... both of your Twofer cards! Your spritz stamping is just fantastic ... you have so much detail on this delightful floral branch, it's gorgeous! Cool use of the same stamp for lifting the AI ... this background is bold and bright ... and fabulous with the white die cut! The third card is elegant and rich ... the brass embossed leaves are delicious! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautifully done cards Pat....so pretty.
x Karen

Marjan said...

Gorgeous cards, I especially LOVE that first one. I have the same stamp and made a card with that and Copic stamping. Not yet on my blog, but when you see it you will recognize the stamp. You built it up beautifully!

Susan Joyce said...

Pat you did an awesome job with the Alcohol Inks and the AI Lift, such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow Pat!! What a beautiful array of cards! Love that distress ink stamping it's gorgeous! Great result with the A. inks too and the colours. The stenciling is amazing! Can't believe you did that through a stencil!

Loll said...

Three amazing cards Pat!! LOVE the gorgeous lifted effect of your flowers on the artsy background. Perfect with the thin blue framing and white die-cut flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up.

Your AIs through a stencil is gorgeous. What a pretty stencil, especially with the colours you've used. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil! xx

Cathy said...

Wonderful collection of cards Pat, love the AI stencilled one with the shimmer from the gilding flakes, so pretty. Thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Gorgeous cards Pat and the first one is my favourite. Wonderful stamping, great layout and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us in our 'The Earth Laughs In Flowers' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Sarah G said...

I love these cards, Pat - great techniques! The watercolour look on your first card is so soft. Thank you for sharing it with us at AAA Birthday x

Nananas said...

You made beautiful cards! I love the CAS look of the first one and also the colors you used. Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

Joan said...

Three beautiful cards, I love the PB stamp you have used and was interested to see you can use stamp cleaner as lift off, always like to learn something new! I really like the stencilled one too

Thanks for Joining Us At Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

Tracy said...


Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x