Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2022

Rose Anniversary

Hi everyone.  I have an anniversary card which I found when looking through my drafts which was for an aniversary way back last October, so thought it was about time I showed it.  I used Chocolate Baroque's Rose and Thistle stamp set and a Sheena Douglass Embossing Folder which I have had for a long time and don't know the name of, but I suspect unfortunately that it probably isn't available now, but is a useful one to add a bit of texture to a background.

I stamped and heat embossed the image using WOW Metallic Platinum Embossing Powder and coloured it with Inktense Pencils and a waterbrush.  I did use a light and a dark green but the shading on the leaves doesn't seem to show up much.  I decided that the embossing, which made a metallic frame around the flowers, was a bit too much so I fussy cut around the outside of the flowers.  I die cut the rectangular background using a Crealies Pierced Die and then ran it through the embossing folder.  I finished by adding the sentiment also heat embossed with the Platinum EP and then layered it up adhering the flowers using silicone glue to give more dimension.

Thank you for looking at my blog today and I'll see you again soon.





I am entering the following challenges:

We Love Stamping March Challenge - Anything (stamped) Spring (I hope that roses count as they just about start flowering towards the end of Spring).
Can You Handle The Pressure? - Anything Goes Embossing.
Happy Little Stampers March Watercolour Challenge - Anything Goes.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Favourite Things (I love flowers and the colours pink and purple).
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Bright and Cheerful.

19 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful colouring and love that subtle EF. I think I have that EF, off to look :)

brenda said...

A very elegant creation Pat and pretty soft colours, lovely to see you at We Love Stamping this month, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Aquarius said...

A beautifully coloured spray of flowers for this lovely card

Kath said...

A lovely card Pat - the pretty flowers are perfect - you have a great deal of patience to fussy cut them.
Kath x

Marjan said...

The lovely flowers combine beautifully with your embossed background! I can see the shading on the leaves. I think it's a very elegant and beautiful card!

Diane said...

Beautiful floral card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Darlene said...

Perfectly BEAUTIFUL Pat! Love your design! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Mac Mable said...

The flowers look so pretty and I like the delicate water colouring Pat. The dry texture on the background shows off the beautiful blooms to perfection x.

Zoechaos said...

Your card is beautiful the image very pretty and your colouring really shows it off. Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and Good Luck xx

Maria said...

Oh, how lovely!! Beautiful flowers and very pretty embossed background!!

Melanie Hungerford said...

How pretty, that embossed background really makes a statement! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

cuilliesocks said...

What beautiful colouring Pat, and a gorgeous card, lovely design too, Kate x

Sarn said...

Very pretty!
The flowers are so nicely coloured and I love the embossing folder you used xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

A very pretty creation, I love the colour palette. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Ashwini Rao said...

What a lovely card! I love your color selection, the flowers look wonderful, and the embossing really makes the card shine. Thank you for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a beautiful card Pat, I love it! x

Liz said...

Wonderful Anniversary card, Pat. The gorgeous image is beautifully coloured. xx

Mervi said...

Roses are always acceptable!
Gorgeous colouring, lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful
xx Karen