Pages

Friday 20 October 2023

Sending You Sunshine

Hi everybody.  I have made a card for the Less is More Challenge which this time is a one layer card with the theme of Sunshine.   I used two stamps from the Creative Stamping Magazine called Summer Vibes..i.e a textured strip which works as a background and a seagull, and then a stencil called Rays of Light which came along with stamps for this most recent issue with a Christmas theme.


I started by using the strip texture stamp a couple of time in Adirondack Stonewashed and Sunshine Yellow trying to be fairly random over the sea area with it so it wasn't too solid, and then added the stamped rays of light filling in the area of it above the see for the setting sun.  I also blended some yellow over the sand to fill it in more fully, and then more softly around the sun and over the sea area, and also added a bit of Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy over the sand and around the added seagull which I stamped using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.  I also added some pencil colouring in various places including on the bird and under it's feet, and also some black micron pen over the sand to look like small pebbles and also added three little birds in the sky.  I finished with the sentiment also inked using the Nocturne Ink and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.  

Thank you for coming to visit me here today and I'll see you again soon.






I am also entering the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Week 750 - Anything Goes/Add Some Texture.
We Love Stamping October Challenge - Anything Goes/Mood Board.
Stamping Sensations October Challenge - Anything Goes/Autumn Colours.
Krafty Chicks Challenge - No. 686 CAS.

18 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful beach scene and great texture on the sand ♥

brenda said...

You have created a lovely scene Pat with a lovely feeling of serenity. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Liz said...

Fabulous card Pat, you’ve created an amazing scene. I love the sentiment too. xx

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful Pat ! So well executed. I can almost feel the sun and sand on my skin!

Aquarius said...

Clever work with the various stamps to produce this lovely sunshine scene for the challenge. Seeing this card brightens up the otherwise wet and dingy days we're having this week🙄🙄

Linby said...

I really like the effect you've achieved here and it would be lovely in a frame. Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations challenges.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful and serene scene, xoxo

coldwaters2 said...

This is fabulous such a wonderful sunny scene thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing this lovely CAS card design at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Sid said...

Fab card Pat ! Thanks for joining us at 'Less Is More' ..... Sid xx

Viv said...

Love this Pat - and I need that textured strip! Another one I Missed! x

Kath said...

A fabulous card Pat - I love your beach scene.
Kath x

Loll said...

Beautiful card Pat. Love the artsy look with the textured strips. xx

Marjan said...

This is a beautiful scene, I love the way you used the stamps and created the atmosphere of a beach when the sun sets (or rises maybe), lovely!!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

A pleasure to see your project in our gallery. Love your CAS approach and the colours! In central AB, Canada we could use a beach scene after all the snow. Thanks for sharing.
Diane - DT @ Krafty Chicks Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You are certainly sending sunshine with this card Pat, it's beautiful. I love it.
Faith x

pinky said...

Well who doesn't want to receive some sunshine! This is gorgeous Pat! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Anke said...

WOW Pat so beautiful ... I love your card.