Pages

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Stencilled Birches

Hi there.  I needed a quick masculine card for a family member and remembered seeing a card which Hannelie - Desert Diva had created using trees with a masked curvy edge, and so decided to make my own version of it.  She did the stencilling straight onto the card but I matted mine onto a 7" x 5" card, and I used slightly different colours of Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint.  I used a Dutch Doobadoo Birch Trees stencil and made a mask using a piece of copy paper.


It didn't take long to do, but there was a bit of movement of the stencil which I don't quite understand as I did tape everything down well, but anyway it was not that noticeable and I did not have time to start again as it needed posting.  I added this stencilled layer to my base card and stamped a sentiment onto a strip of white card using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.

Thank you Hannelie for the inspiration, and thank you all who visit my blog, I really do appreciate it.






I am entering the following challenges;

Stencil Fun Challenge - October - Anything Goes/Orange.
AAA Cards Challenge - No. 250 Colourful Ink Blending.
Allsorts Challenge - Week 748 Autumn Trees, Leaves and Berries/Anything Goes.




19 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely warm Autumnal colours and perfect for my Allsorts optional theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Loll said...

This is a beautiful card Pat. Great work on creating your own version of a masked curve. It's so unique and artsy. LOVE the colours you've used ... BEAUTIFUL work!! xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

THat's a pretty inkblended forest for sure!. Thank you for play ing at the AAA Card Challenges

Liz said...

Fabulous card Pat, I love the design and colour combination. Masking of the stencil with a wave line is very effective. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Aquarius said...

A lovely effect with the curvy masking for the stencilled trees, great colour choices

Darlene said...

Oh Pat, this is absolutely beautiful! What a clever design idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Aimeslee Winans said...

A very eye-catching card, Pat, well done! xoxo

Kathyk said...

It turned out beautifully, Pat

Happy Wednesday

Kathyk

Marjan said...

Ah yes, I saw that one too, I follow her on Instagram. Your version is wonderful, love your blending and color choice!
And no thanks Pat, I always love coming here and appreciate your visits to mine!

kareN stampZ said...

I love your blend peeking out between the trees, that's a really cool idea

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Pat, I love your card, gorgeous colours and such a fabulous stencil, I'm sure the recipient will love it, Kate x

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Mervi said...

Lovely and beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
DT Mervi

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous CAS card, the white torn edge is stunning with the stenciled image ♥

aussie aNNie said...

Your card is beautiful it's stunning in design and colour, love this ♥x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous Pat, I love your shading and the edge shape is beautiful. I'm a fan of Hannelie too!
Faith x

Patti H. said...

What a great card! I love the colors & the unexpected curved edge!!

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, Pat! I've been intrigued by your masking and I see you have also inspired the Group of Seven!
I love your card and technique - hope to give it a try!
=] Michele

Brenda in IN said...

Your card is lovely and the curved mask is a great idea. I like those colors together.