Pages

Friday 29 December 2023

Frosted Flurry Snowflakes

Hi everybody.  I made this Christmas card using a Sara Davies die called Frosted Flurrry from her Glittering Snowflakes collection, which is a circular cut into the card die and also comes with a couple of different snowflakes, bought several years ago and not sure if it is still available.  I also used a very old Snowfall embossing folder.

I started with a snippet of white card just under 5" square and die cut the Frosted Flurry circle in the centre of the card, and then embossed it using the Snowfall EF, and to make more snow I turned the card 90° and embossed it again.  I then die cut the two snowflake dies which came with the snowflake circle, twice each, using a snippet of gold mirri card and added them over some of the snowflakes, and added another snippet of the gold card as a mat first cutting a piece from the centre to leave it white when stuck onto the base card, and finished with the sentiment in the centre stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with WOW Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder. 

I am entering the above card in the following challenges:

Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge - Anything Goes with Embossing Folders/Winter.

This second card is another from Sara Davies and is called Sparkling Snowflake from her Winter Wonderland collection, another that I am not sure will now be available.  I have used it once a year or two back but thought it was about time to use it again.  I also used a a snowflake from a set of three by Craft Emotions which I used on the two cards shown yesterday.

I found a piece of silver card with a little less shine than the mirri card and it was the perfect size for a 6" square with just a small border, and so I cut the die from it.  I also cut another from white card and used that as the positive within the silver negative shape, but I saved the central silver pieces and filled them back in.  I have a set of three snowflakes from Craft Emotions and decided to cut the largest of the three from some red mirri card and manage to keep the inner pieces within the die and glued that over the central area of the large snowflake just to add a pop of colour.  I also finished the card with a red sentiment. 

Before I go I have a new follower called Jo, whose blog you will find here, and thank you so much for becoming a follower.  Thank you everyone for dropping by my blog today and I'll see you again soon.






6 comments:

Aquarius said...

A couple of elegant Christmas cards incorporating snowflakes, always a good choice. All the best for the New Year, happy crafting

Loll said...

Your snowflake cards are beautiful and elegant, Pat!! Always fun to pull out things we don't get to use often. And I don't know about you, but I always wonderful why I waited so long to use them again. :) Happy New Year Pat! Love, Loll

Aimeslee Winans said...

Happy New Year, Pat! What classy, elegant cards! Love how a simple snowflake, big enough, can make a whole card! XOX

cuilliesocks said...

Two very elegant and beautiful cards Pat, I love the colours and textures.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, Kate x

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Pat. My favourite is the first one, I love the decorative circle die cut. xx

Kathyk said...

Fab make and it's a well deserving winner over at Can You Handle the Pressure too

Happy New Year

Kathyk