Pages

Thursday 14 March 2024

Layered Roses

Hi all.  I decided it was about time to use some of my much neglected papers, and I got out an Altenew Layered Roses Die set which I got free with a magazine many years ago and which I am sure I have never used..tut! tut!  I also used a new corner die which I got in the Black Friday sale and this is its first outing and is called Bamboo Corner Trellis, a Paper Discovery die set.  There is a bamboo die, but this is the second in the set which has a more generic trellis look.  You can cut both designs out as well as just cutting them into the card, and there are a couple of sentiments too.  

I got out a couple of sets of papers, the first a Craft Consortium pad called Grunge Light and an old one by Chocolate Baroque which I used for just the orange coloured rose, and I was able to cut the pieces for the purple and pink flowers and the leaves from the Craft Consortium pad as there are lots of sheets where there are a good variety of colours and tones.  I decided to also cut a white base layer to make the flowers and leaves sturdier.  I also cut a piece of blue from the Craft Consortium pack to go behind the trellis.

I cut a piece of white card to about 5.75", just slightly wider than the trellis die and cut that adding the blue paper behind it, and I then put all the pieces together and added the flowers and leaves over the trellis.  I did add a piece of foam to the back of the first yellow/orange flower but decided not to do the same to the other two as I could see that it would make them rather thickly layered for posting.  I finished by die cutting the sentiment from a piece of gold glitter card which was a label which came on a parcel and which I thought was too pretty to waste.  I had already cut a butterfly from it, used on this card here, and I just managed to cut the sentiment from the rest.  

Thank you for dropping by today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

NBUS Challenge - No. 60 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.
Allsorts Challenge - Week 771 Use Yellow/Anything Goes.
Triple B Challenge - March - Anything Goes/Mood Board, using one, two or all three elements.
The Flower Challenge - No. 89 Make a Square Card.
Seize the Birthday Challenge - No. 279 Coordinating Card Tag Combo/Anything Goes.



 

 

 

 

 

I am also joining in with Darnells I.D.E.A.S., a challenge she has set for herself but which she has invited anyone to join in with March Week 2: D is for Die/Die Cuts.

20 comments:

Cathy said...

This is so pretty Pat, love that you used the patterned papers for the roses and background, the "shading" is gorgeous. Love the layout too against the delicate trellis - that was a great find in the sales, Cathy x

Ellen said...

Hi Pat, what beautiful flowers you have made with this beautiful die, the corner die is also beautiful. The colors behind the flowers are also very beautiful and make the flowers expressive...I love them!
Grtz Ellen

Loll said...

Your roses are gorgeous!! And they look so pretty over the die-cut corner. Beautiful card Pat! xx

Hannelie said...

Those flowers look amazing against the cut out corner! Beautiful card Pat!

brenda said...

Those Roses look beautiful against the die cut corner element Pat, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Aquarius said...

A really lovely card and a great description of how it was made using the pretty papers and the trellis die. You aren't the only one who has magazine freebies stashed away and unused - I too am guilty of that and have a box containing quite a number of them, what are we like?? Must take a look to remind myself what's in the box 😉

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty floral card, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Darnell said...

Thank you for joining dies week with this innovative creation, Pat! I am intrigued by how you used pp in such a clever way ... it's genius! I'm pinning this for I.D.E.A.S. and because I need inspiration for those corner dies I have! Thank you, too, for encouraging everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I have that die too Pat, thanks for reminding me about it. I love your cut corner and placement of the flowers. A gorgeous card. x

Darlene said...

Oh Pat, this is so so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Stamps and Paper said...

Pat your card is so pretty, lovely colour combo and love the corner die

Anne

Laurie Unger said...

Very pretty. Love the corner die you used to frame those gorgeous roses with. Thanks for sharing this over at The Flower Challenge.

Stef Perry said...

You found the perfect designer papers for your gorgeous roses, with so much dimension of color in the layering, they look amazing! Creating the die cut trellis corner to ground the roses makes such a lovely CAS design for your square card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Marjan said...

Those lovely roses look wonderful against the white and pretty trellis corner.
Beautiful combination and a lovely card, Pat!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty card - great use of the corner die cut too. Thanks for joining in at STB

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thank goodness for metallic card scraps, I save all mine too!

So glad you got the roses set out, it makes a gorgeous card!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
XOX, Aimeslee DT

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Pat, I love the roses sitting on the trellis, gorgeous colours too, Kate x

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful flowers, I love the three colours you used and a great effect with the corner die ♥

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Pat. I love the decorative die cut corner behind the lovely flowers.
Liz xx

Nancy said...

This is such a pretty card, Pat! I love that each rose is a different color and the background is gorgeous too. Thanks for taking the time to play along at Seize the Birthday!