Pages

Friday 31 August 2018

Hark the Christmas Rose and Winter Edges

Hi everyone.  Here are the other two cards which I made for the Chocolate Baroque TV shows last month.  I made this first one using one of the new Christmas stamps from Chocolate Baroque called Hark the Christmas Rose, and the second card also has a stamp from the Winter Edges set.  The two are completely different in style and show that these stamps are very versatile and by blanking out the name of the music when you stamp, or by cutting round the outside edge of the flowers, you could even use this at any time of the year.  Perhaps I will try this in future to see what it looks like doing this.


I stamped it on to a piece of white Frisk Velvet Card using Ground Espresso Distress Ink, and coloured it using a waterbrush and more Distress Inks in Fossilized Amber and some Carved Pumpkin for the flower centres,  some more of the yellow with a little Blueprint Sketch into the flower petals, and also some Candied Apple round the edges of the petals.  I then used Lucky Clover and more yellow for the leaves, and finally Ground Espresso for the stems.  The idea was to get a more vintage look with the colours as the brown DI I used to stamp with mixed with the other colours when I used the waterbrush, but in the end I decided to pull some of the colour back out of the petals because they bacame too dark, and I wanted a lighter look.  The tinge of red looks more like pink with all the water, but when dry I was happy with the result.

I finished by adding the sentiment from Let's Get Festive using Candied Apple DI and then spattered some of the brown ink over the background and layered it up on to red and then kraft card before adding it to the white approximately 7" x 5" card.

 


For this second card I decided to heat emboss it on to kraft card using the Red Glitter EP and it has lost none of the detail.  I like red with kraft so I backed it with some, although in the photo it does look dark pink rather than red, but it is definitely a Christmas red.

I folded back the white base card and added the embossed borders starting with the one down the side before adding bits of them to the top and bottom.   I used a piece of paper over the other piece of the fold back as obviously it had to be flat for stamping, just so that it didn't stamp on the inside of the fold back piece, though I suppose it wouldn't necessarily have mattered and with hindsight would probably have been easier to keep the card flat, stamp and then fold it back.  I then added the border down the inside of the of the right hand side as you can see so that it balanced it up, all done with the same red glitter EP.

I finished by adding the topper to the fold back piece.


Thank you for joining me here today and I hope to see you again soon.






8 comments:

Liz said...

Two stunning cards, Pat, so different it hard to believe it's the same stamp! It really is a beautiful stamp and I don't think a could pick a favourite as I love both designs. xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous stamp and stunning cards, both of them. Loving the water colouring on your first beautiful card and love how the winter flowers turned out. Such a pretty and glittery second card. Yes the stamp could be used in lots of different ways if you left off the title of the music stamp X wonderful inspiration .

Mrs A. said...

Wow, can't believe how different they look using the same stamp. They are both gorgeous. I'm going to plump for the first one being my favourite though. Hugs Mrs A.

Stamps and Paper said...

Two beautiful cards Pat it’s amazing how one stamp can look so different ....

Anne

Darnell said...

You're a girl after my own heart, Pat! I love how you showed two stunning ways to create with that beautiful image and make them both gorgeous and distinct from each other! Can't wait to see your ideas for a threefer and fourfer!! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

Gosh they are beautiful cards!! I love the colouring on that first card Pat ... so pretty!

MaryH said...

Such a beautiful stamp, and I love it in both styles. YOur watercoloring is fabulously done, and great idea to do the 'fold' effect on card #2. It looks so pretty done in this color too. Both are just lovely cards, Pat. TFS & Hugs

Heather T said...

So delicate and pretty, Pat. I especially love the gorgeous colouring in the top one.