Hi there. I am as usual quite late with my card for the CAS Mix Up Challenge which this time is Stencils with Pastes/Gels...really lovely to see it back after several months absence. I don't use this technique very often and I had to search a bit to actually find something to use. I found some Cosmic Shimmer Multi-Tex which is a bit like polyfilla and you mix it with water. I added some colour with Pixie Powders in a blue and green to make a sort of turquoise colour, and I have a new die which I used for the card on my last post here which I used as a stencil. I also used a set of stamps by Creative Expressions called Waterlily.
I started with a piece of card just a little smaller than my 6"square card and placed the die cut stencil, which I cut from card, centrally, and using an old plastic store card I created the texture paste background. I am not very skilled at this technique and some of it went underneath the stencil and wasn't very tidy, so I decided to cut that down and then add a die cut piece of card using the same die to go over the top, and I left a bit of extra space round the edge to make it easier to get it to fit properly on the card, and before doing this I used a bit of Glossy Accents over the paste to give it a bit of a shine applied using a piece of kitchen towel dabbing it on, and in real life it is quite shiny.
I then stamped the flowers and dragonfly on to a piece of white card using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder and coloured with Distress Inks and a waterbrush using Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber for the flowers, and with just a little bit of Abandoned Coral to stengthen the colour in the centre of the flower, and then for the leaf I used Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover. I coloured the dragonfly with a bit of Peacock Feathers for the body to match the tone of the background, but it looks more blue than turquoise in the photo, and Adirondack Sunshine Yellow on the wings with some added Wink of Stellar for a little sparkle. I think maybe the black embossed outlines are a bit heavy for the dragonfly but I wanted it to match the waterlily flowers and leaves.
I finished with a sentiment from the same set stamped with the Nocturne Ink and heat embossed with the Clear EP.
Before I go I would like to introduce and also thank Marja for becoming a follower, whose blog you will find here, and I'm sure she would love you to go and visit her. Thank you for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon.
I am also entering the following challenges: