Pages

Friday 25 July 2014

Butterfly Birthday

Hi there.  Guess what, I have found two more inspiration challenges.  The first is Sketchbook Saturday Challenge where the sketch design had a butterfly on it and I instantly thought of Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge which I have not entered recently.  To be honest I love butterflies, and love to look at cards with them on, but I don't seem to have a great deal of variety when it comes to butterfly stamps or dies.  This means I don't make many butterfly based cards.  I  also found another called Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge where the colours in the photo are nice pastel pinks and blues and creamy colours.




 I started with my usual square card but in a cream colour and more or less the same colour as the dotty cream layer, which for some reason looks a totally different colour in the photo.  I found a nice snippet of blue spotted paper, which was a freebie way back, and backed it with a snippet of dark blue and cut it in to the tab shape.  The easiest way to get the shape right is to cut them both together and then cut an extra bit off the top one.


 I used a Crafts Too - Dots embossing folder for the cream layer, another snippet, and then stamped the sentiment in place using Memento Nautical Blue ink.  The check paper, also a snippet, is from LOTV, and the butterfly is a freebie die I got with a magazine.  I mounted it all up sandwiching a piece of grosgrain pink ribbon between the tab and the cream rounded rectangle.

This card is a change for me as it has no stamping or inking apart from the sentiment, and I hope this will be acceptable to Mrs. A as her challenge asks for spots and stripes, but the check paper was the nearest I could find.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Pat x

I am also entering the following challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 134.  This is my second card this week as there is a special challenge to submit three cards over two weeks as well as the normal weekly challenge.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Emboss It.

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hi Pat your check paper is perfectly acceptable. That is an absolutely brilliant idea for cutting the tails. I just spent ages on a card trying to get the wretched things even and couldn't so just did one on a oblong tag. Love the colour combinations. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A,. (butterfly challenge).

MaryH said...

So very pretty Pat. Your plaid check has stripes...and you've got plenty of dots. Like the banner shaping on the layered piece, and thanks for that tip. I really liked the effect of the partial embossing, then stamping your sentiment on that cream layer too. Very pretty butterfly, and well done. You managed what ?4? challenges? Good for you! Off to see your other Playground entry. TFS & Hugs

Di said...

Woo, hoo Pat - great card! I love the design and colours you used. And checked paper is just stripes going both ways isn't it? :) Neat idea about cutting the fishtail too!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Hi Pat

Me again - just spotted your comment about it being card number three - noted!! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Teresa Kline said...

hi Pat! super cute card, I luv the embossing and the darlin butterfly! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Cathy said...

Fabulous snippets card Pat, love the pretty pastel colours, Cathy x

scrappymo! said...

I think it fits the brief...after all my little grandson always shakes his head when we are chosing his clothes for school...saying "no. No Granma...too stwipey both ways"
He can not pronounce his R's yet...but you get the drift.
Great card, Pat.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous! Love the texture!

Darnell said...

It's lovely to catch up with you, Pat! Your cards in these last two posts are so lovely! I'm sure this butterfly delight was acceptable to Mrs. A.! I'm so pleased that you are finding new challenges to play in. They are such fun and so encouraging!! Hugs, Darnell