Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

CAS Sunflower Anniversary

Hi there all.  Hope everyone is enjoying nice weather like we are, although the southern hemisphere have winter at the moment, so it will not be so good.  I mention this because most of the UK has been having some really good summer weather, but with this tends to come high humidity which personally I find quite hard to deal with, and it makes doing anything quite energy sapping.  Consequently I have been finding my creativity has been zapped as well!  This has led me to search out a few sketch and colour challenges to give me a bit of a creative boost.  The first one is CASE(E) this Sketch, then I noticed that Fusion Card Challenge was one that I could combine with too.


                                                                 
So here is how I did my card.  I started with a Papermania - Build a Sunflower stamp which I have had for a long time and must admit have hardly used.  I stamped it out twice using Archival Black ink on to a snippet of white card, and coloured using my Spectrum Noir Colouring Pencils - Primaries set.  I then cut them out and glued them together to make a fuller Sunflower.  Obviously I only coloured the edges of the underneath flower.  I used some Glossy Accents on the centre of the Sunflower to add interest.  I decided to add a flourish so I die cut one from another snippet of Kraft card using a Spellbinder 'D' Lite Fantastic Flourish One.  I then split this into two pieces so that it could be placed either side of the flower.





To finish I mounted the flower and flourish on to a snippet of dotty paper backed with another snippet of Kraft card which I had pierced a line of holes along the top and bottom of.  Unfortunately this doesn't show up terribly well in the photo.  I stamped two hearts in Adirondack Butterscotch ink using a set from Hunkydory - Celebrations, which I cut out and mounted at the bottom of the card.  I then stamped the sentiment on the base card underneath the flower and flourish, using Adirondack Espresso ink, and  finished with a few gems.

Thank you for looking today.

Pat x

I am also linking this to a few other challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - using snippets of card or paper, and I have used Kraft and white card snippets.
Addicted to CAS - Celebrate.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Spots and Dots.  Spotty paper and the dots are the gems.
Simon Says Monday Challenge - A Midsummer's Challenge.  The Sunflower is the essence of summer.

14 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wwo what an amzing card for the occasion!! I love it!!!

Greetings
Maria

Viv said...

beautiful Pat!

Lin said...

What an elegant card, Pat! Love the flourish die-cuts and your sunflower, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

Jean said...

I love the CAS style of this card. The sunflower is beautiful and the kraft elements you used compliment it perfectly.
I know what you mean about the heat and humidity sapping energy and inspiration. My craft area is in our sun room and it much too hot in there in the afternoon which is my usual "playtime", so I am having to wait till early evening when although still hot it is more comfortable.
Jean x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is lovely! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card and I just adore your sunflower so realistic ! Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and do hope we will see you again.

Marie

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful! Love your pretty sunflower and it looks so good paired with that dotty paper and pretty flourish!

I hate humid days too.. much prefer a dry heat!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful CAS design, love the sunflower, the die cuts look fantastic with it. Cheers, Shirleyx

Di said...

Wow Pat, you ought to b really pleased with this card. Fabulous flower and the whole design is beautiful - love the brown, white and yellow too!

Hugs, Di xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What an elegant design Pat. Love the Sunflower and the gorgeous diecut flourishes. Thank you so much for joining us at ATCAS - hope you will join us next time too!
Sylvia x

MaryH said...

Pat, this is so summery & lovely. Enlarging showed the piercing dots on the borders just grand. Love the way you did that border, and such a luscious sunflower. Liked the soft hues of the flower too & the way you've made it fuller. Those flourishes added just the perfect accent to an already gorgeous card. TFS & Hugs

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a fabulous creation! Love the gorgeous flower. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Brenda in IN said...

Great card. I love sunflowers and yours look so real! The swirl die is gorgeous and I love the strip of background paper you used.

Sarn said...

This is SUCH a pretty card Pat. I adore it. xxx