Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

Gelli Plate Anniversary Card (2)

Here is another card using the same technique with the inks and embossing folder but by placing a piece of copy paper over the  middle of the plate before pulling the print it leaves a nice white space.  I used Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Mustard Seed, and randomly applied them both this time and very gently mixed the colours together using my fingers, and then lightly brayered to smooth out.  I then applied Peacock Feathers to the embossing folder using the same technique as before.


I tore a shape from a piece of copy paper and placed it over the plate before pulling the print.  Using a snippet of white card and Black Archival ink and a freebie heart stamp which I got with Craft Stamper Magazine I stamped and then using the same two inks coloured the heart using a water brush, and then I stamped another heart with the Black Archival but left it uncoloured.   I inked round the hearts with a Black Micron Pen and then cut them out and glued them inside the white area which I also edged with the pen.  There were a few white spaces round the central space and some of the edges and I blended some Memento Nautical blue in to cover.   I  then used a Papermania Sentiment to finish.

I wasn't totally pleased with this as I think I was a bit heavy handed with the darker ink towards the middle of the card, as it has left rather a dark line above and below the white space, and also I could have been a bit more accurate on the first card with the embedding of the heart as I didn't line it up quite accurately enough.  Fatal mistake, I wasn't wearing my glasses, so mental note to self to always put on my specs as it is obvious I cannot see well enough without them!  I decided to go with it anyway as my less critical side decided that it was not bad enough for me not to show the card.

Well that's it for now.  Thank you for stopping by and hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Pat x


3 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design I love it, the background is fabulous, looks great with the hearts. Happy Sunday ! Shirleyx

Jean said...

Both of your cards look great Pat. Fabulous "first go" attempts with the gelli plate. I especially love the colours in the first one. I must have a go at the embedded die cut technique as well as I like the examples I've seen.
Jean x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow this is really gorgious Pat !! I really love tit great anniversery card , I really love the hearts!!!
Greetings
Maria