Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

July Rudolph Day Card 2

Hi there.  Here is the second card.  I used the same Indigoblu Large Snowflake stamped on a snippet of  white card using Memento Grape Jelly ink.  I inked it using the same distress inks as on the last card.  This was backed with a snippet of the bright blue used on the last card.


I had a go at a technique I have seen used by Barbara Gray which uses coated cardstock covered randomly in ink, and then a piece of cling film which has been sprayed with water laid on top and scrumpled a bit.  When it is dry you lift off the cling film and the water should have created nice  random wavy patterns on the card.  Well, I tried doing this with inkjet shiny paper of a reasonably heavy weight which I happened to have, and using the same three distress inks as the last card, namely Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry.   Perhaps I wasn't patient enough but it didn't seem to be doing anything so I lifted it off and dried it with my heat tool.  It did leave one or two slight marks but nothing like it should have.  Also I found that little bits of the surface had come off.  Anyway I decided to carry on to see how it would look when finished.  I stamped over this piece with Memento Grape Jelly, first and second generation ink, using the Claritystamp small snowflake used on the last card and decided that it looked ok.  I backed this piece with a snippet of the bright blue and then the navy card.

To finish I stamped with the small snowflake stamp on to the base card using Grape Jelly second generation ink.  I then used some Perfect Pearls on the large snowflake  Neither of the cards have sentiments as I decided to leave them off for the time being.

I think if I try this technique again I will leave it overnight to see if it works any better, but it could be that the coating on this paper is not tough enough so I will need to buy the correct card.  I do like the shiny finish this piece has which is nice for a change.

Thank you for looking at my blog today and I really appreciate your interest.

Pat x

I am entering the following challenge:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 135.  Must use snippets of paper or card.  I have decided to use this second card as it contains more snippets.  This is my second entry this week. 

2 comments:

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Pat - and top marks for patience! My guess is that Clarity Glossy card would work for you - if you want me to pop a couple of sheets in the post for you to try first do please just drop me an email. It's just the cost of a stamp and I always love to share!

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

This turned out beautifully too. I've tried the cling film, too, and while it was fun, I was not so successful with it - I used Krome Kote glossy paper. I think the colors I chose were probably not the best I should have selected to work with, as my pieces got very light. I used Distress Inks. But it's a fun technique, and it does take patience. Your card is very pretty, and liked the layout you selected too. TFS & Happy wkend.