Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

Five Favourite Cards of 2013

                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
Debby over at A Scrapjourney has another challenge running at the moment, this time to choose your five favourite creations for 2013, and she will pick a random winner.  These are my five with the links to the original posts.

        
                                                   
                                                                        Opening Gambit

                                                            

                                                                A Little Bit Floral - Lily                                                                        


                                                              Koi Carp and Water Lilies                                                                                             


                                                              Birthday with Bags of Style




This card and also the next were made earlier in the year before I started blogging, so I will explain roughly how I made them.  The basket of Tulips was a digital image which I coloured using Promarkers, and I was very pleased with the result as I hadn't been using Promarkers for very long.  I used an oval shaped XCut die and I coloured the edge with a little Adirondack Shell Pink.  I used a Cuttlebug Embossing, Folder Divine Swirls, on pink vellum of quite a good weight, and mounted this on an A6 pink card.




This card was made using a mixture of stamps from Chocolate Baroque.  I stamped the Chocolate Baroque Elegant Iris on white card, using Memento Tuxedo Black, and coloured with Promarkers.  I used Adirondack Lettuce, Bottle and Sunshine Yellow inks in the background and overstamped with a Creative Expressions - Bubble Stamp using Adirondack Bottle.  I also used part of another small corner stamp, which I'm afraid I do not know the name of, in the bottom and top corners of the middle panel, using Versamark and heat embossed with WOW Gold EP.   This panel was mounted on gold ribbed Mirri card, and then two borders cut from a Nellie Snellen Border Die added.  This was mounted on a white square card which had been covered randomly with the Adirondack inks, and four leaves from the Chocolate Baroque Tangled Garden set of stamps, heat embossed using WOW Gold EP.
                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                             

8 comments:

Viv said...

Lovely selection Pat!

Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year Pat. A lovely selection of cards. Elizabeth xx

Darnell said...

That was a great array of your beautiful cards, Pat! That iris is, without a doubt, my favorite! It took my breath away!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

Great selection of beautiful cards Pat.My absolute favourite one is the lilly, I love the gold embossing and the flowers look stunning against the black background.
Jean x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful collection of cards Pat. My favorite is the Lily and the bottom Iris. Happy New Year ! Shirleyx

MaryH said...

What a wonderful selection of your beautiful cards to share. I'm not able to decide between the Koi and the tulip basket as to which is my fav. Heck, I think I'll just say 'all of em'. TFS & Hugs. Stay warm.

debby4000 said...

Wonderful selections of cards Pat, they're all fabulous.
Thank you for joining in with My Favourite Five of 2013.
luv
Debby

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A wonderful collection of cards Pat - I love them all, but my favourite just has to be golden Lilies on the black background - stunning!
Sylvia x