Pages

Friday 25 September 2015

Crocheted Bunny

Hi there everyone.  I have been very busy for the last week or so but on things other than cards.  My husband and I are involved with helping to raise funds for a small local hospital.  The money we raise buys a few of those extra things which make make being in hospital a little bit more pleasant than it might otherwise be, and this coming Saturday we have a fete which is an annual event.  I started the bunny a while ago so thought it would be a good idea to finish it so it could be sold on one of the stalls, or else go into the raffle which is most probably what will happen.  One of the ladies had a bolt of fabric going begging so I have made eight table cloths for our refreshment tables too.


                                                                               
I haven't done a great deal of crochet before but these amigurumi toys are actually not too difficult to make.  This is a freebie pattern which came from a site called Ravelry and the designer Sharon Ojala has a You Tube video for most of the things she makes and now and again I have played it to clarify when things have gone a bit astray.  I'm not sure that the eyes are big enough and I think plain black ones would have been better, also I used double knitting wool but I think the wool she has used is a bit thicker quality double knitting and made the whole thing come out a bit bigger and more closely crocheted, but overall I am quite pleased with the finished result.

Hopefully now these projects are finished normal services will be resumed on the cardmaking front.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

Pat  x

7 comments:

Di said...

Oh Pat - she's absolutely adorable! BEautiful little girlie! Hope the fete goes well and lots of funds are raised!

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

What a lovely little bunny, love these little amigurumi creatures and have several patterns from magazines, but haven't actually got round to making one yet. Yours is beautiful and i hope she goes to a good home.
I hope your fete is successful tomorrow.
Jean x

MaryH said...

If you're not an experienced crochet person, I think you've done an outstanding job (and even if you are!) I tried to learn this art years ago. I could do the stitches (with practice), but putting the stitches into a project, hmmm...something else. My teacher was a retired home economics teacher, and she finally said "If you want something crocheted, ask me to do it". So I'm awed by your finished product. It's delightful in the pretty pink dress, and what a wonderful thing you & your DH are doing to help this hospital and the patients. Enjoy your fete. TFS & Have a wonderful wkend. Hugs

Jacee said...

Awww how sweet!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

How wonderful that you & your husband are involved in fund raising for the hospital. That sweet bunny is adorable, great work! I used to crochet a lot in my younger years. Take good care, Shirleyxx

Marika said...

She is so cute! Great work! So sweet of you to be involved raising money for the your local hospital.

maria's knutselplezier said...

How,pretty and cute, I'm really yellous at perons who can make such pretty dolls, I'm only able to make cards!!!

Have a nice day!!
Maria