Pages

Saturday 21 January 2017

Japanese Lady

Hi everybody.  I hope that January is going well for you.  We are about three quarters  of the way through it and already the nights are beginning to be lighter which pleases me greatly.  I have felt very lacklustre and have not really got going with my cardmaking since Christmas.  I did spend quite a bit of time after Christmas and into the new year sorting out my crafting area and that is done now and everything is a lot more tidy, well, at the moment..lol.

Anyway, getting to the point, our lovely friend Darnell over at djkardkreations is hosting her NBUS Challenge No 8 to celebrate her 5th Blogaversary and having done a staggering 1000 posts and having over 1000 followers, is no mean feat I feel.  In case you are not aware NBUS stands for Never Before Used Schtuff and I know we all have some of that kicking about the place so this is a great time to use it.  She is generously offering some lovely prizes and this is the first of three challenges back to back too.  Darnell also has an optional theme for this challenge which is to 'Use Coloured Pencils on Kraft'.  I don't have many pencils but did the best with what I had, so here it is.


For this card I used:

Japanese Tea Garden Embossing Folder and Lady Stamp (magazine freebie).
Crealies Pierced Rectangle Nesting Dies. 
Adirondack Espresso Ink.
Versafine Smokey Gray Ink.
Spectrum Noir Coloured Pencils.
8" x 8" White Base Card with the width cut down to 6".
Kraft Card.
Sentiment Stamp.

I'm afraid I'm a bit addicted to magazine freebies and I picked this one out, back in December I think, because it had a lovely embossing folder and a border folder too and this very pretty lady stamp, so I thought it was a good deal, and this is its first outing.   I have to say that sometimes the stamps do not stamp that crisply, but now I have a MISTI to help me, instead of putting too much ink on to make sure that there are no bare patches, you can go easier on the ink and stamp as many times as it takes to get a good image, and it is so much better and easier.

I started by cutting a piece of kraft card using the second largest Crealies Die which was just the right size for the embossing folder, which I then used to make the pretty flower frame.  I then placed the lady and stamped with the Espresso ink using the MISTI.  When it was perfectly dry I used the coloured pencils to colour her in.  To finish I adhered this to the white card base and stamped the sentiment, again using the MISTI and the Smokey Gray ink.

Thank you for dropping by and I'll be back soon.







I am also entering the following challenges:

Penny Black and More January Challenge - Anything Goes.
Country View Challenge January -  Anything Goes.

21 comments:

JennyH said...

This is gorgeous Pat, beautiful colouring of this stunning image, the border embossing is the perfect touch : )

scrappymo! said...

Ohhhh, this card is so pretty. I like the image and you have coloured her so nicely.
I can see why you wanted that magazine...the image and the embossing folder are fab!

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful card Pat, love your colouring of this Japanese lady. so elegant.

Loll said...

The dry embossed border is so pretty and really frames the gorgeous image. You have done an amazing job of colouring her with pencils, Pat. What did we ever do without the Misti??!! It really is one of the best tools in my art studio. xx

Petra Swart said...

Oh, your Japannese lady is sooooooo stylish and I love all the pretty flowers!!!!! The embossed flowers make the perfect frame for her!!!!! Your colouring on the kraft is really great!!!!! Yeah for magz with freebies, hey, and another yeah for a tidy craft room - nothing better to get the mojo flowing after all the Christmas crafting - have fun!!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!
Hugz

Janice said...

A stunning card Pat! I really love the embossing folder and your beautifully coloured stamp. How lovely they both look on Kraft card, and great use of your freebies!
Janice x

Viv said...

Fab colouring - love this image too Pat! x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Pat, your card is stunning, I do love kraft card but forget to use it and it takes coloured pencils so well.
Beautiful folder and stamp and your colouring is brilliant, love it Kate x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Fantastic colouring Pat my friend! So soft and subtle and I love the cherry blossom embossing around the outside, it frames the pretty geisha beautifully! Have a lovely Sunday my friend! Hazel xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card and image. I love organizing and clearing out my craft room, it helps me focus better. Have a great day, xx

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Pat. Lovely soft colours. Know what you mean about getting going after Christmas. Only took the tree down today!! :)
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Hugs Flo x

Linby said...

This is such an elegant card and the embossing looks lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Back & More. Lynn x DT

Darnell said...

You were wise to pick that mag, Pat, as these are all fabulous items, which you have showcased in such a very pretty way! This is such a peaceful card. Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8 and for joining in the optional challenge! I'm glad it helped to take the lack out of your lustre!! Hugs, Darnell

Ellibelle said...

This is beautiful! Love your coloring and what a great way to frame her with the embossed border.
Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More!

MaryH said...

I'm going to borrow your term 'lacklustre' because it perfectly describes the way I've been feeling about crafting of late. And I think about organizing my craft chaos, but after moving a piece or 2, I get lackluster about that too! Good for you that you tackled the task. I think that will help motivate, if you can find what you need! I love the freebies you find, and this one is no exception. The delicate embossing on the kraft looks just right with this lovely lady. Your pencil skills are terrific, and one would not know you didn't have many colors! So beautiful. TFS & Hugs

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh wow Pat! She is so beautiful! You are quite the talented stamper. Hugs, Autumn

Jane said...

Thanks for sharing this with us over at Country View for our anything goes challenge.The colouring look terrific on your kraft and the embossed border is so pretty x
Jane DT

Sarn said...

Simply wonderful. This works really well on Kraft card. xxx

Kathyk said...

Thanks so much for continuing to visit me ... I no longer see everyone's updates when people post (since the last "UPGRADE" to blogger) so I apologise for missing this gem, works brilliantly on Kraft, your colouring rocks!

Have a super weekend

Kathyk

Barb said...

This really is a beautiful card Pat. Well done finding that lovely freebie set. You've used it to make a very beautiful card. I love your colouring. It really has a pretty soft look to it. Barbxx

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely card ! Thank you so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x