Hi all. Well, here we are nearing the end of another month, and I always feel that when we get into March spring is just around the corner, and as there are quite a few crocuses in bloom now I thought I would give my Chocolate Baroque Spring Bird Crocus stamps an airing. This card sort of evolved into something quite different to the one I had in my mind when I started but that happens to me quite a lot, and I tend to go with the flow, and because of this the order of working was totally wrong really and I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but for good or ill here it is..lol.
For the card I used:
White Base Card (originally 8" square cut to make a top fold 6" x 4".
Piece of white card die cut slightly smaller using a Crealies XXL Rectangle with Dots Dies (this particular die is difficult to find at present).
Chocolate Baroque Spring Bird Crocus stamps.
Tim Holtz Woodgrain Embossing Folder (comes as a pair with Bricked).
Adirondack Lettuce and Sunshine Yellow Inks.
Distress Inks - Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Walnut Stain.
WOW Metallic Copper Embossing Powder.
I started by stamping the crocus on to the die cut piece of white card using my Misti. I used the yellow and greens straight on to the stamp, spritzed with water and stamped, and then using my waterbrush I moved the ink around and added more where necessary. I masked and stamped and coloured it a second time.
When dry I then ran the whole thing through the woodgrain embossing folder. The image became a little indistinct, so I ran it through my machine again just using the plates to flatten the embossing a little bit. I then coloured the background using the Peacock Feathers ink applied with my waterbrush. I also added a tiny bit of the Walnut Stain under the flowers to ground them.
The challenge over at Chocolate Baroque is a colour challenge and as well as the colours already mentioned it asked for some metallic copper which I was going to use on just the sentiment but I decided to restamp using the Misti and heat embossed with Versamark ink using the WOW copper EP. As I had dry embossed already the copper embossing was a little patchy but I think the random look is OK here. I then finished by heat embossing the sentiment.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and I'll see you soon.
I am entering the following challenges:
CAS Watercolour Challenge - Love. I hope this fits the challenge with 'love' in the sentiment.
Addicted to CAS Challenge - No. 105 Wood.
AAA Cards CAS Challenge - No. 84 Watercolour.
Happy Little Stampers February Watercolour Challenge - Anything Goes (optional twist dies).
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.
Chocolate Baroque Challenge - No 32. Hopefully the extra yellow on the flowers is allowed.