Hi everybody. I decided to get out one of my Sheena Douglass sets and used the Acacia tree from the African Landscape, and the silhouette lions from Roar. Unfortunately they don't seem to be available anywhere at present.
There is a story to this card as I made it for a birthday in November and I wrote the post and after sending the card off realised that I hadn't taken a photo of it. When I sent out my Christmas cards I very cheekily asked if they could take send it back to me, or take a photo themselves and send it to me as an attachment, and I also said if they didn't have it any more I would quite understand as not everyone keeps their cards for very long. Well a little while ago it came in a nice padded envelope and I was so happy to complete it's cycle and show it to you all, as in truth I was so disappointed not to be able to put it up here as I felt it was rather a success. It has travelled to Hertfordshire and back and considering the mileage it has fared OK...lol.
I started with the background and using my Brushos I sprinkled some Ultramarine at the top of the piece of white card, following by some Yellow and Orange in the middle, and then some Purple and Dark Brown and some Black towards the bottom. I sprayed some water and guided the ink with a brush to get the colours roughly where I wanted them. I then dried it with my heat tool and stamped the tree and the silhouette lions towards the centre of the piece using Black Archival. I used my Misti as the stamps are quite large and reinked a couple of times to get the depth of colour I wanted.
I thought the sky and the foreground needed to be darker as the stamps looked far too prominent, so I sprinkled some more purple, dark brown and black in the foreground and added quite a lot of water and moved it around with a brush, and used some of the same colours up the sides to make the yellow behind the lions stand out and look more like the setting sun. I also darkened the sky by adding a little black to the aquamarine, mixed it on my mat and applied it again with the brush. I dried thoroughly with the heat tool as it was very wet and did crinkle a little, and I was too impatient to let it dry on it's own....lol.
I cut the scene using a Stitched Square die from The Works and backed it with a some black card and some white funky foam to give it a bit of dimension and strength, and added it on to the white 6" square base card.
I finished by die cutting a sentiment from another piece of black card.
Before finishing I would like to introduce a new follower called Ksenija, and you will find her blog here. She is probably known to quite a few of you, but if you have never visited her then you are in for a treat as she is very talented.
Thank you for dropping by today and I will see you again soon.
I am entering the following challenges:
Cards 4 Guyz Challenge - No. 188 - Something beginning with 'L' (Lions and Landscape). (So pleased to be chosen as Top 3 Winner)
Country View Challenges - February 2018 Anything But Cute.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Add a Die Cut.