Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Vintage Music on Acetate

Hi there.  I managed to make a card for the CAS Mix Up Challenge  who are celebrating their 2nd birthday, so congratulations to Bonnie and Loll, and this time they request we use acetate and stamping plus our own choice of technique.  I needed a masculine card for a family member and bought a new stamp recently so decided to use it for this card. It is a background stamp called Vintage Music from Creative Expressions and designed by Phil Martin as part of his Sentimentally Yours range.


I started by using some alcohol inks on the back of the piece of acetate a little over 4" Square.  I only have a couple of the alcohol inks which I bought really just to try them out,  and the colours are Limeade and Flamingo.  I don't have the blending solution but they worked OK on their own, I just used a piece of scrunched up cling film to move the colours around.  It wasn't looking very masculine at this point so I added some red and orange Promarker colours which darkened it down a bit.

When this was dry I turned it to the front and stamped the music stamp twice to cover the acetate using Black Archival ink.   I also used some talc on the front before stamping which helps to stop the stamp from sliding on the surface.  I decided to colour one or two of the images within the stamp using my Promarkers to add some extra interest, and this I did on the reverse side.

I then made a frame with a snippet of white card using a 4" square aperture with a double stitched square die, and I made this roughly 1/4" smaller than the 6" square white base card.

I stamped the sentiment on to the frame using the Black Archival ink and then placed the acetate behind the frame before adhering to the white base card.

Thank you for coming to take a look at my blog today, and I hope to see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

Cas Mix Up March Challenge - Acetate and Stamping + Alcohol Inks, Promarkers and Die Cutting.
National Craft Month - Simon Says Stamp Blog - Any Craft Project.
Dies R Us Challenge - No. 93 Frame It.



13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card, design works fabulous with the alcohol inks and perfect for a masculine card.

Liz said...

Oh, this card is fabulous, Pat. I love the background, perfect for the lovely stamped images. xx

Mac Mable said...

The limeade and Flamingo alcohol ink colours are gorgeous together. Love how you did the stamping on the front and then enhanced the masculine card further with some colouring. Such an artsy card and so creative. Thank you for joining us over at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x

Viv said...

This is lovely Pat! (I have used Surgical Spirit as a blender for AI's - works ok as long as you don't use too much of it - and it's a darn sight cheaper than the blending solution1)

Christine Alexander said...

the colours are wonderful and love that stamped image it's so cool :)

Cathy said...

Great masculine card Pat, your colours look fantastic with the vintage music stamp, Cathy x

Karen Dunbrook said...

I really like how this looks Pat...lovely.
xx Karen

MaryH said...

This is gorgeous, and I enjoyed reading the creative steps you took (just FYI, in a pinch you can use just regular rubbing alcohol to do the blending bit too! I've done it and it works fine). This is beautiful just as you've done it, and I liked the idea of moving with crumpled plastic wrap too. Never tried that. You got splendid results with the overstamping and the tiny bit of coloring you've done with a marker, really adds another level of pretty. TFS & Hugs

Loll said...

Beautiful mix of alcohol ink colours on the acetate, Pat. Look awesome with that cool, vintage stamp over top. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Darlene said...

Beautiful work of art Pat! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Frame It’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Julia Aston said...

Great technique on your alcohol inked, colored and stamped acetate panel Pat - a great masculine card design! thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan said...

Lots of great techniques in that beautiful vintage card! Thanks for the tip about using talc to stop the stamp sliding on the acetate! And thanks for joining in with the challenge I'm hosting at CAS Mix Up!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Sorry I missed this one while my internet was down Pat! What a great mix of techniques again and perfect for a masculine card! I've yet to try acetate as a medium for use on cards (other than shaker and smooshing). Have a great week my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic