Hi everyone. These are three cards I made for the Chocolate Baroque September TV shows on Hochanda featuring the pretty Butterfly Dress, Auricula Script and Floral Edges stamps.
I started by making a spritzed ink background on a piece of white card. I used Adirondack Stonewashed ink, and Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks, laying the colours down approximately where I wanted them. I then stamped one of the Floral Edges at the bottom using second generation Cracked Pistachio and another with leaves at the top using Lucky Clover.
I then stamped the image on to a piece of Drawing Cartridge paper using Versafine Smokey Gray ink and coloured with her using some watercolour pencils just as they are without any water. I then cut her out leaving a border round the edge, and using a craft knife I cut round the largest butterfly on her skirt so that I could lift the wings for dimension.
I decided to frame the background then add the lady over the top. I made the frame using another piece of white card and cut it using a Tonic scalloped edge die, but cut the internal square with a craft knife because none of my plain rectangle dies were the right shape and size.
I finished the card by stamping the lady's skirt again using my Smokey Gray ink and cut out and coloured some more of the flowers and added them to the corners of the frame.
My second card features the Auricula Script image which I stamped on to Velvet Card using Versamark ink and heat embossed with WOW Gold Metallic Embossing Powder. I matted the image on to a piece of dark green card. I then stamped the image again heat embossing with the WOW Gold EP and coloured just the flower using my Distress inks in Candied Apple and Carved Pumpkin on the flowers, and some Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio and also some Adirondack Bottle on the leaves and sepals round the flowers. I then used Ground Espresso for the stem and to darken bits of the leaves. I applied the inks with my waterbrush. When dry I cut the flower out and using Pinflair Glue Gel I added it over the flower on the background.
For the background I used the flower image from the Floral Edges set stamped on to a rectangle die cut using a Crealies Pierced Edge die. I stamped it on all four sides butting it up to the previous edge by masking just where I thought it might cross over by placing a piece of paper just over the edge of the previous image. I then heat embossed using Versamark ink and heat embossed with the WOW Opaque Bright White EP. I then blended with the green Distress Inks to complement the flower. I added this to an approximately 7" x 5" white base card.
I am entering this card in the following challenge:
Pixies Crafty Workshop No. 338 - where we use our snippets of card and paper etc.
My last card was made using the Floral Edges. I created a background using my gelli plate and Distress Inks in similar colours to those used on the previous cards, these seem to be my favourites at the moment. I laid the inks down on the gelli plate and spritzed with water before pulling the print on to some Velvet card. I then added the floral edge stamps to frame the scene and also added the hills and the sun in the background using a brush to blend. I used Fossilised Amber for the sun and also some Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch in the sky area, and the various greens already mentioned together with the Fossilised Amber for the foliage and flowers in the foreground, and the foliage around the top of the card.
Thank you for looking at my blog today and I'll see you again soon.