Hi there. Here are two of the cards I made for the Chocolate Baroque Hochanda shows last month. The first features the Let Your Heart Sing stamp set.
I started by stamping this image from the set on to a piece of smooth white card using Versafine Smokey Gray ink and using my Misti so that I could stamp it several times to get good coverage. I then heat embossed using WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.
I then placed the moon mask and sprinkled Brusho powders in Aquamarine, Turqoise and Purple on to the paper approximately where I wanted them and blended using a waterbrush. I wasn't quite happy with the colours and darkened round the edges blending some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and also in towards the moon, and some Wilted Violet DI above the tree line, and then removed the mask and added some Hickory Smoke DI across the face of the moon, and Brilliance Moonlight White around it to give a misty look.
I finished by layering it on to piece of white card and added it to a 7" x 5" white base card.
My second card features the Live Out Loud stamp set. I actually think the collage image with the two birds would be great on an anniversary card, and I may well use it like that in the future.
I started with the collage image which I stamped on to white card and heat
embossed using WOW Metallic Gold Embossing Powder and then watercoloured
using a variety of Distress Inks including Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted
Citron, Rich Mahogany, Ground Espresso, Candied Apple, Lucky
Clover, Fossilized Amber and Brushed Corduroy. I then cut it with a Crealies Pierced Rectangle die.
made the background again using white card and stamping the bird on the branch, just the bit with the bird on, and then twice more across the top, just a small section of leaves, again using the WOW Metallic Gold EP. To hang the
birdhouse from the branch I used a Versamark pen to draw a line using
the edge of a ruler to get it straight, and then heat embossed it to
match. I then blended ink on the background using Mermaid Lagoon,
Twisted Citron and a little Fossilized Amber DI's making the edge
darker than the centre. I also added the large sentiment to the
background using the Mermaid Lagoon but not wishing it to stand out too much I then blended some more ink over the top, and also did some water spritzing which softened it to the point that it is difficult to see in the photo, but it shows up more in real life.
I finished by adding some of the inks round the edge of the topper before adding it to the card.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Members of the Design Team post on the blog most days so if you love the stamps do go and take a look here.