Pages

Monday 30 September 2019

More Beautiful Buildings

Hi there.  Here are some more cards I made for the Chocolate Baroque August TV shows.  The first is a moonlit scene featuring the Turret House and made using my gelli plate to make the background using Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks masking the moon before adding the inks and spritzing and removing the mask before taking the print.  I then stamped it using Versafine Imperial Purple Ink.


I water bleached out some of the ink on the building and then added back in the Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink to shade and I highlighted with a White Posca Pen.  The Chipped Sapphire is a very dark colour and obviously a lot of the ink would not bleach out but I like the overall effect of the moonlight.  I layered it on to black card before adding it to the white base card.




I decided to make a bookmark for this second one using the Bridge House and coloured a sheet of paper big enough to cover the back and front of the bookmark using Ultramarine Brusho Powder.    When this was dry I used the Tagtastic stamp for the shape and cut out the two pieces and stuck them together.  I then stamped the building using Versafine Imperial Purple ink and heat embossed using WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.  I finished by punching a hole through the top and added two different pieces of ribbon to add interest.




My last card is using the Italian House and I decided to heat emboss it using WOW Platinum Embossing Powder before putting inks on to the gelli plate and spritzing it before pulling the print.  I used Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold Distress Inks at the bottom and Broken China Distress Ink over the rest but keeping the central part mainly Dried Marigold.  I watercoloured the house with the Dried Marigold and Scattered Straw using a waterbrush and then added Tea Dye over the roofs,  Candied Apple on the door, and with a lot of water added, round the windows.  I added some bushes to each side of the house using Peeled Paint EP.  I finished it with a sentiment using Versafine Olympia Green and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss EP.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope to see you again soon.                                                                                                                                                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     


3 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

great cards and tag Pat, I love the images of the buildings and such fun techniques :)

Ros Crawford said...

Pat you make such pretty backgrounds... These are all wonderful and the little bookmark is so pretty!

cuilliesocks said...

What wonderful makes Pat, I love your designs and colours, Your backgrounds are really beautiful, super designs too, love them all, no favourites, Kate x