Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2020

A Year in Cards

Hi there everybody.  Each year I choose twelve cards, one from each month, which represent my creative year, using some which I personally loved and those which seemed to be favourites of you all, so here goes.

              
                                                        





















I also want to show the cards that I made for the two most important men in my life.  Unfortuately our son's card only arrived at his Sydney home a day or so ago, due in part to my being a little late sending it though sent by the date specified, and also the vagaries of Australia Post.  So here they are and they complete my cardmaking year.




This was made using a stamp by Studiolight and I stamped with Versafine Nocturne and Satin Red Inks  and the embossing folder is a Sheena Douglass one which doesn't seem to be available now, and over which I used silver wax.  I finished by matting it on to white and then red card and added the sentiment using Satin Red Versafine and also used Glossy Accents on the two baubles.

I am entering this into the challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop where Di has a special Christmas draw going on, and I have used snippets of white and red card.  Thank you for all the great prizes on offer Di. 



Finally this is hubby's card.  I used a Clarity Woodland Stencil and Clarity brushes to add the ink for the background and the snow hills and slopes using one of the masks and  Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Ripe Persimmon, and then added the three deer using Black Soot Distress Ink applied with blending foam using the deer mask included in the Woodland set of Masks.  I finished by adding the sentiment using Versafine Deep Lagoon Ink over which I used WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder and darkened the edges with more Stormy Sky.

I hope you haven't fallen asleep throughout this rather lengthy post but I would just like to finish by saying that I value every one of my followers and all of you that visit and leave a comment when you can, you are all very important to me.  I would just like to wish you

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR
and it goes without saying a wonderfully creative 2020
                                     




15 comments:

Cathy said...

Happy New Year Pat, what a gorgeous assortment of cards, really pretty colours, backgrounds and designs. Cathy x

Kathyk said...

WOW! Just WOW! Fabulous dozen makes from you this New Years Day - hope 2020 is great for you and your family

Kathyk

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful selection of cards Pat, I remember almost all of them. Happy crafting for 2020.

Liz said...

Happy New Year, Pat! A fabulous selection of cards. Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful cards in 2020. xx

Marjan said...

A very Happy New Year for you too, Pat!
What a nice idea to select cards from the past year. They are all wonderful. I recognise the blossombranch from Penny Black, I made something with that too last year. the last card new card is a beauty, such a lovely snowy scene!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful and fabulous collection of cards. I so love number three and what a stunning effect x. Your two masculine cards are amazing and so very creative and both with fabulous designs. The delicate blending of the colours on the last card looks gentle and beautiful x. Here's to a Happy, Healthy and Crafty 2020 Pat and I cherish our blog friendship x.

Susan said...

What a wonderful selection of cards - all fabulous, but I have to say I've picked some favourites. Number four, the poppies, is CAS perfection! Number six, the woman on the beach is beautiful all in blue, and makes me long to be there (as it pours down with cold rain here). And the first of your two masculine cards is absolutely stunning - love the wax over the embossing powder for the frame, and the bits of red are great highlights.

Thank you for your comment on my CAS Watercolour card and for letting me know I hadn't finished the post! How silly of me!! But it's just been too hectic over the holidays, so I guess it slipped through the cracks.

Ros Crawford said...

It must be so hard to pick but each and every one is fabulous Pat!

Di said...

Gorgeous cards Pat and your snippets card is absolutely wonderful. Happy New Year!

Hugs

Di xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow, what a fabulous selection! I know that we shouldn't have favourites but I especially adore the Poppies and the Penny Black one that looks like pink magnolias...forgive me if I'm wrong on that one. All lovely cards Pat and it's always a pleasure to visit your blog. Wishing you much joy and happiness in 2020. Crafty hugs, Sandra xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Sally H said...

Wow, Pat! What an amazing array of beautiful creations! I love them all, but the lighthouse and the CB tree Christmas cards are my favourites. I can almost smell the sea and feel the cold! I've been hanging my nose over that tree stamp for about three weeks now and I think you have just convinced me to send for it, lol. I particularly love your sky on the christmas card too, beautifully done and so realistic! Happy New Year, lovely lady. I hope 2020 is a wonderful year for you and yours. Hoping your son is well away from the fires down under xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

Happy New Year mf....what a wonderful lineup of beauties.
Thanks for all your most kind comments and support; so very appreciated.
xx Karen

Flo Langley said...

Happy New Year! Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2020. Wow! What a feast! No I don't mean the turkey :) Wonderful makes, each one is superb Pat.
Looking forward to seeing more of your creations this coming year.
Hugs Flo xx

Corry said...

What a lovely and beautiful Cards
what a beautiful card, you also have a nice blog. I started to follow you. I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too
My blog is corryscardandcreations
Hugs corry