Pages

Monday 20 September 2021

Summer Dream Birthday

Hi everybody.  I know it's a long time since I posted but hubby and I have been away for two weeks in a cottage in Wales and I have been sorting things out since our return.  We are having a new boiler fitted which was supposed to be happening whilst we were away and preparations had to be made before we went which took extra time.  Unfortunately we saw as soon as we returned that the boiler and parts were here but no work had been done as our plumber was unwell, and so it's being done this week.   You can imagine it is complete chaos here.   I have done some commenting but I apologise to anyone that I've missed and will visit as soon as I can.  We enjoyed the time away which was much needed and the weather was mostly good.  Although it wasn't quite like a holiday in normal times we made the best of it.

I'm showing another birthday card today using Penny Black's Summer Dream stamp quite old so not sure that you will find it now, and also using a Marianne frame die called Petra's Square, Bird and Nest which I won a long time ago and am ashamed to say have never used, mind you the trouble I had cutting it may mean that it won't come out to play again very soon...lol.
 

I started by cutting the frame and as I've said it was a difficult one.  I had to throw the first away because after a tussle with getting the pieces out it broke around one of the intricate corners and I ended up using something a little thinner and the only thing I had was Bristol Smooth watercolour card and consequently although this is one of the whitest watercolour papers it still looks a little yellow against the base card and I think I should have run it through again with the rubber mat to emphasise the pretty detail more, but perhaps I will next time, but I had lost a little patience with it by this time..lol.  I then stamped the silhouette flowers with Wilted Violet and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks and a very litte spritzing with water to soften it a little.  I used my stamp positioner so I could go over it several times to get the right effect and I only inked part of the stamp so that it would sit well within the frame.  I finished with a sentiment heat embossed using WOW Metallic Silver Embossing Powder and matted it on to a piece of lilac card as a backing to the cut out shapes, and added it to my 6" square white card.

Before I go I would like to say thank you to two new followers - Michonne Remmers whose blog I couldn't find but if you let me know I will gladly give you a shout out, and Lesley Gillett whose blog you will find here and definitely worth a visit if you haven't seen it before.

Thank you for looking at my blog today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

NBUS Challenge - No. 30 where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff. 
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge - No. 414 Any Occasion.
Stamping Sensations Challenge - September - Stamp of the Moment.  I have had this PB stamp for a long time but I love the beautiful stylish look of the magnolia.

17 comments:

brenda said...

I can identify with that disruption Pat, we had a new one a couple of years ago and to make things worse I have having a bit of a relapse and was in bed, but on the positive side we noticed such a different in heating and water performance with the new one.

A lovey tone on tone card, such a delicate die cut frame for the lovely PB bloom.

Thank you so much for joining in with our September theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Pat. I love the frame die you’ve used. Have you ever used a metal shim? I don’t use mine often, but it’s perfect for those very intricate dies. I couldn’t believe what a difference it made when I first used mine with my Big Shot when I had the same problem as you. I also use wax paper in between the die and the card if the card is likely to stuck in an intricate die. Glad you had a good break away and hope your boiler gets sorted soon. xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely to see you back with us again Pat. I’m pleased that you’ve managed to have a holiday. We took the children to north Wales many years ago and it was very beautiful. Your card is lovely, although the die cutting sounds a bit of a nightmare. Hope to see you again soon, crafty hugs, Sandra x

Aquarius said...

Pleased to hear you've enjoyed a holiday break, hope the boiler gets sorted quickly. Very pretty card and worth the extra trouble with the die. Some of the older dies do prove difficult to cut I find but I suppose like everything progress is made and the dies improve. I tend to forget what a tussle it was to use some of the older more intricate dies in the early days until I bring one out of semi-retirement 😉

Stamps and Paper said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time away Pat...I hate being in a mess I think the older you are the more you hate it! Yours card is beautiful..love the embossed frame and the gorgeous flower...

Anne

Marjan said...

So nice to hear that you have been away for two week and that the weather was mostly okay! But coming home in a chaos is not, so I hope things will be better soon!
Your card is very pretty and delicate, lovel stamping in nice colours that are great with the white. Can imagine that you lost patience... ;) I own something like this too.

Cindy Beach said...

Such a lovely card Pat! I saw it at NBUS and just had to comment. Your colors and details are gorgeous! Sometimes the ones that take longest to make are the prettiest in our stash!

Viv said...

Lovely that you managed a staycation Pat and fingers crossed the boiler is done soon. It always amazes me that a job in one room manages to leave chaos throughout the whole house (and I thought it was just me!)
This is a lovely stamp (which I have I think) and it's lovely with the frame, although I admire your patience cos it looks really fiddly - I'd have tried once and given up so 10 out of 10 for perseverance! x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Pat, pleased to hear you enjoyed a holiday, I hope you feel refreshed now.
What a pity about your boiler, so much work for you, hope it all works out this week.
Your card is beautiful, such a lovely die that you've used to frame the gorgeous floral image, love it, Kate x

Loll said...

Sounds like you had a nice and relaxing time away. Too bad you came home and the work wasn't done. Hope it is all fixed soon and you can return to normal!!

I LOVE this pretty card, Pat! The flower is so beautiful in the deep blue and purple inks. Really pops with all the white space around it! The framing is beautiful with all the intricate cuts, but I know how tough those dies are to work with. Good for you for sticking it out ... it looks lovely framing your flowers. xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, Pat, you've made a lovely card so your effort was worth it for that. I myself don't see the beauty in that die. The cut-out pieces are just strange. LOL if it were mine, I might just accidentally drop it by mistake mind you in the trash can, because there is nothing that can upset me more than an intricate die being uncooperative. Glad you had a fortnight away and hope your relax-cation effects are not ruined by the boiler delay. If it gets to be too hairy, then by all means, just go back for another week and tell that plumber to call you when he's done. GRINS I truly think God has a really wicked sense of humor sometimes, ya know? xoxo

Mac Mable said...

I am so glad you persevered Pat with the intricate frame die as it is so pretty. Your stamping looks fabulous and what a beautiful card x. Glad you managed a couple of weeks away but sorry about your boiler! x.

Izzy Scrap said...

Such a beautiful birthday card, Pat ! Love the silhouette flowers with this stamping technique. They just look gorgeous within this beautiful intricate frame. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Ros Crawford said...

Well I'm glad that you at least had a break Pat... Wales is so lovely and peaceful. Sorry about your boiler problems, hopefully it will get sorted soon. Your card is so lovely! I can imagine the struggle with the die, I've had that a few times and it's so frustrating. I really love those flowers... the colours are beautiful! Have a good weekend and just breathe....

Crafting Queen said...

Really elegant card. Hope your boiler gets sorted soon. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations challenge. Anesha

Darnell said...

I'm sorry this card gave you so much trouble, Pat, but I'm glad you persevered because it is stunning! I didn't even notice the differences in the white because the beautiful frame and blue flowers draw all the attention. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! I'm so glad to hear that you two were able to get away. It sounds heavenly! I wish you good luck getting the boiler in and ending the chaos soon. Hugs, Darnell

Sally H said...

Such a beautiful card Pat! Hope you are all sorted with your new boiler now. Good to hear you had a good time in Wales too xxx