Hi there. I have made a card for the CAS Mix Up October Card Challenge which finishes on the 24th, so just about in time. The challenge this time is to use real leaves, ferns or flowers to make a Botanical Print. I used inks, stamping, heat embossing and gelli printing.
I got out my gelli plate and put Fossilized Amber one side, Abandoned Coral the other with some Candied Apple Distress Ink down the middle and used my brayer to blend them together, I did roller them rather too much as it ended up looking more or less one colour. I then laid down the two fern leaves with the back of the leaves touching the plate and used a piece of stencil card anchored with some washi at the top placed over the leaves and rubbed well to get the ink as closely around them as possible. I then pulled up the card and took the leaves away and lowered the card over it again, rubbed well and pulled the print. I didn't get a very distinct image so I decided to press the ink over the ferns using red on one and the yellow on the other and carefully laid the leaves down again rubbing them to transfer the inks on to the print. This did give a more interesting look, but I still wasn't happy. I then took the leaf spray and put some Brushed Corduroy DI on to the back of it and laid it down over the ferns, and did this several times. I did spray the leaves before pressing down on one occasion too and the look was fairly good. I then added some Ground Espresso and repeated with that, and this really showed up much better, no added water this time.
I cut the print down and flicked a little water and also some watered down Candied Apple DI for a bit more background interest, and I blended Abandoned Coral and Ground Espresso ink around the edges to darken them, and finished with a sentiment stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder. I then added it to my 6" square white card.
I was hoping to get a card done for CAS Christmas but hubby and I have had dreadful colds so I haven't been very proactive on the cardmaking front, but was glad to at least get this one done. Hopefully in a few more days it will be much better. Hubby had it first and did a test which was fine and I developed mine a couple of days after he started his so obviously he passed it on...very kind of him..lol.
Thank you for your visit to my blog today and I hope to see you again soon.
I am also entering the following challenges:
Happy Little Stampers October Watercolour Challenge - Anything Goes (some water used with the leaves and some splattering with diluted ink).
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - October 2021 No. 11 Anything Goes.