Pages

Friday 27 January 2023

Foliage Galore

Hi all.  I have a card featuring a recent set of freebies called Eucalyptus Wishes featuring some foliage dies and some stamps produced by Apple Blossom for Die-cutting Essentials (Issue 98) and being used for the first time.  I cut the foliage dies using snippets of a light and dark green, kraft and gold mirri card.  I used a set of stitched dies to cut two circles, one from a snippet of white pearlescent card, and a piece of patterned paper which was one of a set of coordinating design and available digitally to go with the dies and stamps, and I also found an already stamped sentiment on a snippet of white card which I used in the centre. 

 

As one of the challenges I am entering is the Snippets Playground I have taken a photo of some snippets and I wasn't sure what colours I was going to use, so I took a photo of lots of different coloured ones so that I could decide which to use as I made the card.

I found a 6" square card and added the two circles and then stuck down the sentiment in the centre.  I then arranged my foliage around the edge of the outer circle and stuck that in place. 

Thank you for joining me here today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

Snipppets Playground Challenge - No. 446 Where we use our snippets of paper and card etc.
NBUS Challenge - No. 46 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.
Seize the Birthday Challenge - No 254 Anything Goes/Candles




17 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

great way to use the snippets of coloured card stock. Love your wreath xx

Aquarius said...

A great selection of leaves and plenty of snippets used up. Must get used to taking a pic of my snippets although I usually 'wing it' and make up my mind (and/or change it) as I go along

Kath said...

A beautiful card Pat. I also bought the magazine for these dies, although I've not yet used them!
Kath x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card is this and love the colors of the leaves!
Grtz Ellen
Ellen’s Greetingcards

Sarn said...

What a wonderful wreath you've created from your snippets Pat.

Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me, Di and Dudley up in the Treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate! xxx

cuilliesocks said...

What a lovely card Pat, I love that beautiful wreath made with all of your colourful scraps, such a pretty design and colours, Kate x

Di said...

What a fabulous card Pat! I have a multi-foliage pieces die set and am terrified to use it! How dumb is that then - more so after seeing your marvellous card. Perfect for loads of occasions with just slight tweaks to the colours!

Hugs

Di xxx

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Pat. The wreath is beautiful and a great way of using up lots of snippets. xx

Loll said...

Fabulous card and a great way to use up your snippets of coloured card, Pat. Bonus on the sentiment being ready and waiting for you! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and very effective with the colours here, fabulously designed.. x

Marjan said...

Thanks to my lovely neighbour I'm able to visit you and other followers again. Love your foliage card and use of snippets! A great way to build a beautiful wreath!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you used the papers in the beautiful wreath Pat, lovely colour and die combination. SO much lovely texture.
Faith x

Darnell said...

I love trees and leaves and anything foliage, so your pretty design makes me happy, Pat! I love how you used lots of different colors of snippets and how artfully you arranged them to make a wreath! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

JoAnn said...

Love the design of your card. Great way to use up those snippets. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Cathy said...

Great way to use snippets up Pat, the wreath made from your foliage dies looks wonderful. Thankyou too for joining in at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your snippet wreath Pat.. is amazing what we can make from all those odd snippets of card and paper

Anne

Kathyk said...

Super make and Congratulations on your entry being a winner over at Snippets Today (Feb 12th)

Kathyk