Pages

Thursday 9 February 2023

Floral Anniversary

Hi everybody.   I have been a bit negligent of the blog over the last week or so as I was preparing for a visit by our son from Australia, and naturally we have been enjoying his company.  It has been three years since we last saw him, and he also very generously bought us a new computer, which he got up and running over the weekend, and it's great and we are really enjoying using it.  He will be here until the beginning of March so there may be some gaps in my posting, but I will probably still get to visit you all.  I was looking through my drafts and found an anniversary card using some flowers from a Creative Expressions set called Bouquet.  It was inked for the first time here, and on checking through my posts I don't appear to have used it since, so I must remedy that soon. 


I started by stamping on to the white card itself using my Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and then heat embossed it using WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.  I then coloured using Distress Inks and a waterbrush in Dried Marigold and Ripe Persimmon, and Adirondack Sunshine Yellow for the flowers, and Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint DI's for the leaves.  I decided to add some small stencilled hearts using a set of heart stencils from The Range and applied the Broken China Distress Ink using a brush for a softer effect all around the image.  I finished by stamping the sentiment in the same black ink and heat embossed with the Clear EP.

Before I go I would like to say a big thank you to a new follower Donna whose blog you will find here, and I'm sure she would appreciate a visit.  Thank you for coming to visit my blog today and I'll see you again soon. 






I am entering the following challenges:

The Flower Challenge - No. 77 Use Your Latest Stamps or Dies (although I have had this stamp for a while it was the first and only time it has been used).
We Love Stamping Challenge - February - Anything Stamped/Add a Stencil.
Stamping Sensations Challenge - February - Anything Stamped/Use the Sketch (no option).
Country View Challenges - February - Be Sentimental (use a sentiment and/or some inspiring words).
We Love to Create Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes.
NBUS Challenge - No. 47 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.


18 comments:

Cathy said...

How exciting having your son home for a little while! We are such a long way away over here in Australia. Sounds like you'll be busy catching up and learning the ropes on your new pc too. Beautiful card, such a pretty bouquet, Cathy x

brenda said...

How lovely to have a visit from your Son Pat and so thoughtful gifting a new computer.

And a very pretty floral card as well, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping February challenge.

B x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Pat. I love the subtle stencilling around the beautifully coloured image. Enjoy the time with your son, it must be lovely to having him staying with you for so long. How lovely of him to buy you a new computer. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

How lovely Pat to see your son and what a lovely gift a new computer...Enjoy your time with him....Your Anniversary card is lovely such pretty colours

Anne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gaps in your blog? I can't think of a better excuse Pat. We had our nephew come visit from Oz, over Christmas, after a similar time of not seeing him, it was wonderful. You have to enjoy every minute with him, and as for the new 'puter, that is so generous of him. All the better to chat to him all those miles away.
Your card is so beautiful, I love the stamp, colour mix and the heart stencil. It's really lovely.
Faith x

Marjan said...

Your card with beautifully coloured bouquet is lovely! So nice to read that you have your son from Australia over for a few weeks, it must be hard to not see him for three years. Enjoy the time together!!

cuilliesocks said...

How lovely to have your Son visit Pat, you must have a load of catching up to do.
Your card is so pretty, a lovely floral image with beautiful colouring, lovely bright spring colours. Have many happy days with your son, Kate x

Darnell said...

Oh, Pat, I'm so happy for you two to have your son be visiting after three long years! I know you will enjoy and treasure your time together! Your anniversary card is beautiful and I love the warm tones you used. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty Pat, awesome news you have your lovely son staying with you. Enjoy your precious time together. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Loll said...

Your card is beautiful, Pat. LOVE the spring colours of your flowers ... and those small stenciled hearts make a lovely background. So great that you are getting a wonderful visit from your son. Enjoy your time together. Love, Loll

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a nice son to bring new technology for you. I sure hope your remaining visit goes slooooowly. Our daughter and son-in-law came to visit a few weeks ago and the time went by so fast. A lovely card, too, xoxo

Sarn said...

A beautiful floral card Pat.
I hope you have lots of fun and make plenty of happy memories during your son’s visit.
Little surprise for you in the Snippets Playground if you have time to visit xxx

Nancy Penir said...

I, too love the simple stenciling around the flowers, Pat. Such a lovely added texture to a beautifully colored bouquet. So happy to see this beauty in the Flower Challenge lineup.

Fiona said...

lovely card Pat, great colour combo too.

Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Well, first of all, I’d like to say how pleased I am that you are able to spend some time with your Son after so long. I can imagine how happy you are at this time. Your card is beautiful Pat. The flowers are lovely and your colouring is just perfect. xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Such a pretty card ! Thank you for you contribution to our February "be sentimental" challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie x

Mervi said...

Three years, wow, enjoy your son's visit!
Fabulous flower card, lovely colouring.

Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

Jane said...

A very pretty card Pat. Thanks for entering our February "Be sentimental" challenge over at Country View xx