Pages

Friday, 12 June 2026

Stampscape Birthday

Hi everybody.  It was our son's birthday nearly a couple of weeks ago and I have only just got around to showing it here.  At the time I made this I hadn't been back from my holiday very long and my mojo was being very uncooperative,  so I had a trawl through some Pinterest sites to get some inspiration, and I saw some cards using this set by Stampscapes with ink blended backgrounds and I do love these shades of yellow, orange and red so decided this is what I would do.  



I started by positioning  the cabin, then moved on the boulders, and then added in the reeds and finally the trees.  I stamped them using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder, and then started applying the inks which are all Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, and to darken Ground Espresso, and all applied with a blending tool.  I finished by adding the geese, I didn't heat emboss them though as I thought they were a little bit softer tone without which makes them look more distant, and then added the sentiment which I did heat emboss.  I did also add some small touches of white Posca pen on the windows of the cabin and also on the rocks on the foreshore in front of it.

I did debate whether to use the embossing powder as there are many layers at the bottom, but I was afraid without it that when applying the ink over the top the outlines would become indistinct, but I feel that the bottom looks a bit grey and not black, maybe overheated, but I did allow the tool to heat up well so that it would be quick so as not to overheat what was already there.  The trees which do come down over the front of the boulders really do not show up and look just like they appear behind them which was not quite what I wanted, but as this card had to go to Australia and the arrival times from the UK can be anything up to three weeks, and also as I had done quite a lot of work on it, I decided it hopefully looked good enough, so off it went.  He did say it was a lovely card so all good. 

Thank you for visiting my blog today and I'll be back soon. 






I am entering the following challenges:

We Love Stamping Challenge - June'26 Sports and Hobbies/Anything Goes.
Allsorts Challenge - No. 851 Anything from the Garden/Anything Goes.
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge - No. 519 Any Occasion.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment.
The Male Room Challenge - No. 211 The Outdoors.
AAA Birthday Challenge - No. 86 For Boys.



20 comments:

brenda said...

Gorgeous rich colours Pat, a perfect card for your Son and a gentle hint my Stampscapes are so neglected.

Many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challebges.

B x

LesleyG said...

Well I think it’s a wonderful card, I love how the light hits the rocks, and the layout is fabulous, so too the ink blending. I’m sure he would have been delighted! xxx

Cathy said...

Wow! This is a stunner Pat, beautiful stamping and ink blending, love the colours too, Cathy x

Sarn said...

It’s a stunning and very striking card Pat. Looks great to me and I love the rich colours. Xxx

Kath said...

A fabulous card Pat. I love how you've positioned the scene and layered the colours for the background.
Kath x

Aquarius said...

You've built up a truly amazing scene with these stamps and the colours are beautiful too. What's more, it arrived safely and your son loved it so a win, win all round. Thank you for sharing this one with us for the Allsorts challenge

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful stamped and inked scene Pat. Absolutely loving how it turned out and I am sure your son loved it! So glad you joined us at Allsorts challenge, thank you!

Pamela said...

love the background you've created for this masculine card, thank you for sharing at The Male Room

Gail L said...

This is beautiful Pat!
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

Christine said...

Wow Pat, the card is stunning, I'm sure he love it. The colours are so warm and the images are perfect for a masculine card xx

Linby said...

I have this stamp set and I haven't used it for many years. Thanks for the inspiration with this beautiful card, I could only hope I would achieve something anywhere near as beautiful as this. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

Jane said...

Beautiful scene, very atmospheric. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Loll said...

WOW! This is a piece of art in a card, Pat! It's really gorgeous with the beautiful and bold blended colours. What a special card you made to celebrate your son's birthday. Great work, my friend! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous Pat, I love the placement of everything and the feeling it gives me, it's like looking at an actual place. Love it and the gorgeous sunset. x

Deborah Frings said...

Wow. I love your ink blending - so warm and rich. Your outdoors scene is fab. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room, Great Outdoors Theme. Deborah, TMR DT

Mervi said...

Gorgeous orange sunset, beautiful scene. I just used those same stamps to create a birthday card for a 90 years old - so it works for many ages.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Marjan said...

Wow, what a beautiful scene you built, with glowing sunset and all. it's gorgeous, Pat! The geese flying over gives it just that littel bit more.

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful masculine outdoor card. Such a perfect sunset scene! Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh wow! Good enough!! Are you crazy :o) It's really beautiful. Your stamping and ink blending is fabulous - such an atmospheric card xxx

pinky said...

Wow Pat that is one gorgeous scene you have created. It is so atmospheric and I absolutely love it!.
Thanks for playing along with us at We Love Stamping.
Pinky