I die cut the shape from a piece of white card and the positive shape became one of the feathers and the negative I used to ink through using Adirondack Stonewashed and Stormy Sky Distress Ink. I used a piece of inkjet paper which is fairly good quality and which I actually use for inserts. I inked with the two inks mentioned above using the negative shape and then keeping this shape in place I found a small deer stamp with comes from a Claritystamp set called Winter Wonderland and Snowscape and which just fitted in the feather shape and stamped it into place using some Versafine Smokey Gray ink. I used some of the Stormy Sky DI and some blending foam and a piece of torn paper to build up a little bit of shading around and under the deer to give the idea of a background and then using some Black Archival Ink and a foliage stamp from a freebie set from Sheena Douglass I stamped this, with first and second generation ink, at either end of the feather. I also added a little Mustard Seed and Fired Brick DI for the sun. I did intend it to be quite bright to represent the look of a late in the day/almost setting sun, and in real life doesn't look quite as bright as it appears here. I cut this out leaving a reasonable margin round the edge. This little scene didn't work perfectly first time as I actually did three before I was happy with the result.
I cut a piece of white card to fit on my square base card leaving a narrow border round the edge, and decided where the scene in the feather was going to be placed and then die cut the feather shape from this piece of card. I then decided to emboss this with a small dots embossing folder. I also embossed the die cut feather with the dots. I fixed my little scene to fit behind the feather shape and glued into place, and then glued this to the front of my white base card.
I decided to colour one of the feathers with Brilliance Starlite Silver Ink and I did this by swiping the ink across the feather to get a good coverage. It wasn't an entirely smooth finish but buffing it with a soft cloth when dry improved it. The other feather I coloured with the two blue inks used above making the dots quite dark with the Stormy Sky and then I added some Black Soot DI around the edge and finished with some silver mica powder applied while the ink was still damp to give it a bit of a sheen.
I bound the two feathers together with a piece of blue baker's twine and then adhered these to the card.
I finished by adding a die cut sentiment cut from a piece of white card which I inked with the two blue inks and backed with the Stick It adhesive.
Sorry, this was a bit long winded today but hope you find the 'how to' of use. I would also like to introduce a new follower Janice whose blog you will find here. Sorry Janice I should have introduced you a time or two ago. I hope she agrees with me that she has quite a CAS style and her cards are very elegant and pretty so please go and take a look.
Thank you for stopping by and see you again soon.
I am entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Let's do the Polka.
CAS Mix Up April Challenge - Stamping, Stencilling and one other technique which in my case is die cutting and there is also a bit of inking too.
Uniko Challenge - No 31 Use Metallics.
Addicted to Stamps and More - Clean and Simple.
Less is More - Use 3 Stamps (deer stamp plus foliage stamp twice).