Pages

Saturday 24 June 2017

Brushos and Texture Paste Get Well

Hi there.  I have just heard that sadly a friend of mine has fallen over and broken her hip so this card is for her.   I have made this nice and bright and cheery using a set of rose stamps which I bought a little while ago in one of the sheds which sell all sorts of things including crafting goodies.  These do not seem to be named but appear to be from the Netherlands.  I used one of my stencils bought at the same time.  These are not top quality items but I must say they are very good for the money.


I started with a 6" square snippet of white card and a stencil with a wreath of leaves, and using some Creative Expressions Multi Tex powder I mixed it with some water and a little PVA glue until it was the right consistency for spreading through the stencil.  I applied it with an old plastic card which works well.   I added a little of the Turquoise Brusho powder to the paste before applying it to the card.

This took about an hour to dry and then I die cut the centre using an XCut circle die.  I decided to apply some Brushos to this circle using Turquoise, Lemon and a tiny bit of Aquamarine which has some little bits of pinky purple in it .  They are such fun to use as you never quite know what you will get.  I spritzed with water and then blotted with a bit of kitchen towel to remove the excess water.

I stamped the flowers on to this circle using a couple of the stamps and my Versafine Smokey Gray ink and I then watercoloured the flowers with the Brushos and my waterbrush.  I wasn't sure how this would work but I sprinkled the very tiniest bit of the powder through the single hole in the top of the pots and added the water from the brush on to my glass mat.  I used the Lemon and Orange on the flowers, and for the stems and leaves I used Dark Brown, Leaf Green and Emerald Green.   I decided to darken the edge of the circle with some Peacock Feather Distress ink applied with a blending tool.

I was not totally happy with the finished colour of the texture paste which I thought needed to be darker, so I decided to darken it with Peacock Feathers ink.  The stencil is quite thin and the application of the texture paste worked out well but it would not line up well enough to apply the ink over the top so I decided to add some of the ink over the whole piece instead using a blending tool.

To finish I adhered this texture paste background to a 7" square white base card and to break the colours up I added a larger white circle cut using an XCut circle die a size larger which I sandwiched between the background and the topper.  I then added the sentiment using the Versafine Smokey Gray ink.

Thank you for stopping by today.  







I am entering the following challenges:

CAS Mix Up June Challenge - I have used stamping and stencilling with texture paste as asked for, and my own choice watercolouring and ink blending.
CAS Watercolour June Challenge - Summer.  I have used roses which are a Summertime flower.
The Flower Challenge - No. 9 Anything Goes.
Addicted to Stamps and More - No. 247 Make Your Mark.  Congratulations on your 5th Birthday!
Penny Black and More June Challenge - Anything Goes.
Happy Little Stampers June Watercolour Challenge - Anything Goes (no twist).
Allsorts Challenge - Week 421 Flower Power.

21 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Pat and love your use of brushos and texture paste your friend will love the card

Anne

Mac Mable said...

I do so love all the techniques you've used and what a fabulous effect. The brusho's are fabulous, as is your finished card. Thank you for sharing this beauty x

Liz said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's accident, Pat, but I'm sure she'll be delighted to receive this beautiful, cheery get well card. It's a super design and I especially love the stencilled frame round the lovely flowers. xx

Darnell said...

They certainly do go well together, Pat! This is gorgeous and I'm sure it will bring cheer to your poor friend who, from the sounds of it, just fell over. It's my greatest fear and it happened to a friend of mine, too. She simply tripped over the single length of a tiny garden hose and that did it. Scary how easily those hips can break. Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

A pretty circle of roses, Pat! Love the yellow roses with the aqua background and stenciling! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful effect with the texture paste and brushos. 2 of my favorite products :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour

Loll said...

So pretty Pat! Love that embossing paste background that frames your roses perfectly. Great job with Brushos to create your background and then watercoloured roses. They are so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautiful Pat! You are always coming up with new ideas and techniques! I am always excited to hear how you create your looks! Fabulous! Have a lovely weekend my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Ruth said...

I think your friend will love this! I love that everything focuses on the flowers in the middle. They are highlighted so well by the embossed surround. Love the colour choice too - blue and yellow I love! Thanks for playing along in the Flower Challenge this month. Ruth DT xx

nancy littrell said...

Your embossing paste was such a beautiful way to frame your wonderful watercoloured roses. I am sure your friend will love her card made with love. TFS Pat and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs...

Monika Reeck said...

love that embossing paste too
and lovely frame with your rose image
Love that splatter too
sweet card
many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Pat, tis is a really beautiful card, lovely design and floral image, I'm sure it will cheer your friend up no end. I hope she isn't in too much pain and has a speedy recovery, Kate x

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous yellow flowers...so sweet with the blue. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

Daniela said...

Very pretty floral card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

brenda said...

Such a very pretty creation Pat and how beautifully you have coordinated the colours to match the brushos, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More June challenge and this weeks floral theme at Allsorts.

B x

Michelle said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful Pat...thanks so much for explaining how you did the bkg., you had such great results.
xx Karen

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, beautifully made.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card, love the technique, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

Mummylade said...

Lovely project! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

Barb said...

The roses are really pretty and I love the way you've framed it with the texture paste and Brushos. I'm sure your card will help to cheer your friend up. I do hope she makes as speedy a recovery as possible. Barbxx