Pages

Friday 9 June 2017

Cape Daisy Anniversary

Hi there.  Now it is early summer I have lots more anniversaries on the calendar to make cards for.  I have used three NBUS dies too which are the Cape Daisies and Delicate Fronds which are by Sue Wilson from Creative Expressions, and an XCut nesting die set Ornate Frames.


I started with a snippet of white card cut into an approximate 6" square and embossed with a Docrafts Embossing Folder called Hearts and Kisses which is difficult to find at the moment.  I extended it to make it square, and then using my brayer I inked it with some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and made it slightly darker with Adirondack Eggplant Ink. 

I then cut this piece with the Ornate Frames using the four largest dies.  I then inked round the edges of the main mat and each of the die cuts with the Eggplant ink.  I also cut the smallest die shape out of another snippet of white card and stamped a sentiment on to it also using the Eggplant ink.

I die cut two of the Cape Daisy flowers and one of the delicate fronds and blended the same two inks on to them using some blending foam.  I cut the frond into several pieces so I could frame the flower.

I finished by adhering the nested die shapes by size and replaced the smallest patterned piece with the sentiment plate in the centre, and layered up the flowers and fronds on to a corner of the Ornate Frames.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you again soon.







I am entering the following challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Weeks 283/4 where we use our snippets of paper and card etc.
Country View Challenges June 2017 - Hearts.
Happy Little Stampers June Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.
Allsorts Challenge - Use at least two dies.

20 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This looks so effective. I love that ef design and the colourway you have used. Hugs Mrs A.

Liz said...

Super card, Pat, so fresh looking. I love how you've used the Ornate Frame dies, adding some extra interest, but keeping the embossed pattern. The flower and leaves are so pretty too. xx

Darnell said...

This is a lovely patterned design, Pat! Go you for using THREE NBUS dies!! Hugs, Darnell

debby4000 said...

Such a beautiful, gorgeous card Pat.
luv
Debby

Janice said...

A really pretty card Pat. I love the design and how you've used the frames. Gorgeous flowers too.
Janice x

Di said...

What a clevery card Pat. Love how you used the EF with the dies - inking it worked a treat!

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Very cleverly designed Pat, beautiful paper, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Such a gorgeous card, so effective with those different sizes of dies. So much texture and so creative. Very pretty, fabulous layout and love the embossing folder. So eye catching x

Jean said...

This is lovely Pat, I like the embossing folder very much and the way you used the dies. Inking all the edges makes it look quit dimensional.
Jean x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty Pat and done in my fav colour!
xx Karen

brenda said...

A super creation and so very stylish and effective using the dies inversed, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Mia said...

It is so pretty!!! Love it!

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Pat. Lovely design.
Have a great week.
Flo x

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely card ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Bonnie said...

I love these pretty flowers and that crisp blue and white!

Amy Seigler said...

Beautiful card! Love all the use of dies! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies!

Amy

Jane said...

Hi Pat, what a pretty card. Such delicate soft textures. Thanks so much for joining our heart challenge over at Country View xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Pat, beautiful card, I love Creative Expression dies, especially their flowers, yours are fantastic. It's great to use NBUS:) I hope you are doing well, Shirley xx

Barb said...

This is really beautiful Pat. That's a very pretty embossing folder and I like the way you,ve used the dies. Barbxx

cm said...

What a fabulous selection and arrangement of elements, resulting in a card that will bring mega-watt smiles! Way to go in showcasing not one, but three, NBUS dies! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies gallery!
~carol