Hi everybody. This is one of two cards I made a little while ago which have been made using pieces of mop up copy paper from a session of gelli plate printing using Distress Inks, and which had been sitting on my table for quite a while, and I thought were too pretty to waste. This piece has a sort of pinky orange tinge and I enhanced it with some extra inks put on my glass mat and spritzed before swiping the paper through it and dried with my heat tool. I then for fun decided to cover it with these Chocolate Baroque Texture Fragments really just to see what they all looked like when stamped as they are NBUS/new and this card is their first outing.
I stamped using the same inks, i.e. Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Victorian Velvet. I have been wanting to get these stamps for ages, and by ages I mean probably three or four years, and for one reason or another I have ended up getting some others instead, but I decided to take the plunge, and I am so pleased I did as I think they are great for enhancing a background.
When finished I thought that it was definitely nice enough to go on a card, and as the copy paper is somewhat flimsy I stuck it on to a snippet of white card and die cut using my Crealies Pierced Rectangles. I decided to make a 7" x 5" card so wanted this to be just a smidge/tad/gnat's whisker, or if you prefer, just about 1/8" smaller.
I have had this set of stamps by Stamping Up called Painted Petals for a year or two and haven't used them a great deal. I won them over at Pixie's Playground and they have lots of flowers and leaves which you can use in all sorts of pretty combinations. There are also two group stamps, one of flowers and one of leaves which go together to make a lovely spray of flowers. I think not reaIising this at the time, I cut the flowers and leaves out so that they were all separate, and then when I tried using them together I found it difficult to get a nice arrangement so I gave up. I have recently looked at some videos of them being used and now understand how they should go together, so after practising a bit I managed to get a reasonable result. Here is a picture of the stamp set:
I finished by adding the sentiment on to the topper using Adirondack Espresso ink and then I layered it up on to my white base card.
I used the technique which I used on my Michael Powell stamped card to make the right size of rectangle on the background and both layers of the topper. This means cutting with a slightly larger die then placing it back in to nip a bit more off one side, or in the case of the white layer both sides, by hanging the die cut piece over the edge of the die making sure the pattern lines up, and then running it through again. I must admit the white layer behind the topper could have been a little bigger. I thought it needed to have a white edge to show up better against that busy background and I wanted to cover as little of the pretty background as possible.
Thank you for visiting my blog today and I'll be back soon.
I an entering the following challenges:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Weeks 315/316 where we use our snippets of paper and card etc.
Penny Black and More - Something New.
Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes.
Sieze the Birthday - Anything Birthday Goes.