Pages

Monday 21 May 2018

Chocolate Baroque Spring Bird and Leafy Scene

Hi everyone.  This is my second card this month as one of the Guest Design Team over at Chocolate Baroque, and as Spring is definitely here now I used one of the Spring Bird Sets Spring Bird Crocus, which has this sweet little bird surrounded by fresh green leaves and with eggs in the nest, which just sums up this time of year.   I also used two different leaves from the Autumn Poppy set of stamps.


I cut a piece of white card and using my gelli plate covered it with Distress Inks, Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon at the top and then some Fossilised Amber and Twisted Citron towards the middle, and Cracked Pistacio and Lucky Clover at the bottom, and then spritzed with water and laid the card over and the colours mixed together to make this loose and colourful background.

I then added the bird and the two different leaves to frame the scene making sure I stamped them well within the piece of card as I knew I would be cutting it back a little, and coloured with the same inks using a waterbrush, with the exception of the bird's head on which I used some Carved Pumpkin and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks.

I cut the piece down and matted on to a piece of white card, and then on to a piece of cobalt blue, and added it to a 6" square white base card.

I finished by stamping the sentiment using Mermaid Lagoon, and then darkened it a bit with Stormy Sky, and couldn't have done this if I hadn't used my Misti.

Thank you for looking at the blog today and I'll see you again soon.







I am entering the following challenges:

Penny Black and More May Challenge - Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations May Challenge - Close to Nature.


7 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Pat. Fabulous stamping.
Have a great week. Hugs Flo xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Pat, this is a gorgeous card, wonderful colours and images. Your design is just so lovely, brilliant stamping and composition, Kate x

MichLou said...

Such a gorgeous card and definitely perfect for the time of year.

Mac Mable said...

Love how you stamped the leaves around the edge drawing your eyes right into that beautiful scene. Gorgeous blending of the colours using the gelli plate too x

Liz said...

Stunning card, Pat. The colours are beautiful and you've created a lovely scene. xx

Anonymous said...

such a lovely scene where it looks like the sun is just peeking through a beautiful blue spring sky! thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

brenda said...

What a delightful Nature scene Pat, you used some of my fav CB stamps (well so many are) but Autumn Poppy really is at the top f my list and I can tell you are equally smitten with their stamps. Many thanks for joining our May themes at penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x