Hi there. Here are a couple of quick cards I made for a post which Chocolate Baroque do once a month over on their Design Team Blog featuring cards which take about 15 minutes to make. This one was made using the pretty Butterfly Dress.
I started by stamping the lady and then using her skirt I stamped again to frame the image using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with WOW Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder on to glossy card. I then covered it with alcohol inks using Butterscotch, Clover and Limeade around the edges, and Watermelon and Flamingo over her skirt and also over the flower frame. It is difficult to target with alcohol inks and I did go over it afterwards with some more using a brush and blending solution, and as I wanted a softer look I did rub over the whole thing with a tissue and more blending solution to smooth it out, but obviously it is a random look and you have to work fast. I finished with a sentiment using Versafine Smokey Gray ink second generation for a softer look.
The second card is made with the Auricula Script stamp and a sentiment from the Rose Stem Script. I stamped it using Versamark and heat embossing with WOW Silver Metallic EP. I then used the ink on acrylic technique to apply three colours of Distress ink for the background, they were Candied Apple, Wilted Violet and Crushed Pistachio. Laying the inks down on the acrylic I spritzed with water and pressed the ink on and around the image where I wanted the colours to be. I did several layers and then added extra ink to the image with a waterbrush. I did use quite a lot of water as I wanted soft colour for a change as I do quite often go overboard with bright colour I thought this time I would keep it fairly muted. I finished by brushing some Candied Apple ink around the edges before adhering to a white base card. I just wanted to take the whiteness off the very edge of the card to make it stand out from the white base card but not sure if it works or not.
Just something to note. I have cut the sentiment stamp into individual words so that I can vary the look when stamping. This card called for the words to be all in a line, and on another card obviously a different grouping may look better. As long as there is enough space to safely cut in between them I think this just makes for more versatility.
Thank you for joining me today and if you want to see lots of great quick card and other inspiration then head on over to the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog.