Hi there everybody. Here are three cards I made for the Chocolate Baroque shows on the TV in August featuring these three sets of Indian themed stamps. I usually show them at the end of the month but I ran out of time, so here they are now.
For this first card I
started with the background using my gelli plate and three colours of
Distress Inks, Cracked Pistachio, Fossilised Amber and Carved Pumpkin. I
did want the yellow more to the bottom and the green and orange over
the rest so laid the inks down with this in mind, although the results
are always random, and I find the gelli plate seems to mix the inks much
better for me. I also spritzed before laying the card over and rubbing
it well before lifting. I finished the background by adding this little square stamp from Paisley Elephant across the top and bottom to make a border using the
I then found a piece of yellow
parchment and heat embossed the script from the same set on to it
using Versamark Ink and WOW Gold Metallic Embossing Powder. I cut it
out and the rolled the bottom and the top to make a sort of scroll,
although there was much more parchment to roll at the bottom than the
top, but it gives it the look.
I added the peacock from Indian Textiles and inked it using my Misti with the Cracked Pistachio
first, and spritzed before stamping, then again with the Carved Pumpking
around the middle section, spritzing lightly again before stamping,
then I coloured the outer feathers with some of the Fossilised Amber and
the peacock body with Peacock Feathers. I then cut it out leaving a
slight white border.
I finished by layering it up on to
a dark green mat, then added the parchment and peacock and finished by
stamping one of the sentiments from Elephant Paisley and heat embossed
using Versamark and the WOW Opaque Bright White EP, and I made a
fishtail banner and added it to the card.
started with a white rectangle and stamped the minarets from Indian Textiles and the lacy
border from the same set using Versamark and WOW Silver Metallic Embossing Powder. I did
try using some gilding flakes with WOW Bonding Powder over the Minaret
image using my Misti, and they did stick rather randomly, so you can see
little patches of gold flakes, and then I went over it again with the
Versamark and stamped again using the WOW Silver Metallic EP. I then
placed a mask for the moon and applied some Black Brusho Powder which
has quite a lot of other colours within it, and also some Turquoise, and
some bits of Lemon and Orange near the horizon. I did use quite a lot
of water as I didn't want the background too dark. I removed the mask
and dusted some Hickory Smoke Distress Ink over the face of the moon
using a blending tool, and also a very little Fossilised Amber. I
layered this on to a piee of dark blue card.
background I heat embossed on to white card using an image from Elephant Paisley, with the same WOW Silver EP. I then applied some Carved
Pumpkin again using the blending tool. I then put it together and added
a white strip with a sentiment from the set using Versafine Vintage
Sepia Ink and blended a little more of the same ink around the edges
before adhering it to the card.
On this last card I
started with the background. Using the splash technique I used Salty
Ocean and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Inks, and also some Shaded Lilace
Distress Ink. I added one of the images from Nature's Paisleys using the Worn Lipstick and also added some stamping using two smaller stamps
from the Indian Textiles set with Salty Ocean Oxide both second generation stamping, and
Brilliance Moonlight White for the other. I then die cut a stitched
circle using a set of dies from The Works, and cut it in half and one
half into three. I applied inks going from dark to light and blending
several colours of pink and purple to get the colours I wanted. I then
stamped one of the sentiments from the set on to two of the strips and
using the damask type pattern on the bottom half and then coloured with
again several colours of pink to match the top half. I glued the circle
over the edge of the background and the added a bright pink mat behind
I stamped the large elephant on to a piece of white
card and coloured with my Distress Inks using a paintbrush and some
water and fussy cut it out. After adhering the background to the card I
added the elephant using Pinflair Glue Gel to give it dimension.
Thank you for looking at my blog today, and I hope to see you again soon.