Pages

Saturday 25 May 2024

Lots of Leaves

Hi everybody.  My card today is a mix of leaves using a Made to Surprise Embossing Folder called Leafy Background, and a set of stamps, dies and stencils from Globleland featuring Ginkgo Leaves, which are being used for the first time here.  


For the background I decided to use a piece of green textured card with the Leafy Background EF and then very carefully went over the raised parts with a Brilliance Moonlight White inkpad which highlighted it well.  I then die cut a jig to use with the Ginkgo leaf stamps cutting all the dies on white card to be kept for future use.  I then placed the cut out piece in my stamp positioner and placed the stamps within the shape for accurate positioning and placed the corresponding die cut shapes back into the holes and then inked and stamped each using Versafine Olympia Green Ink and stamped several times to get good coverage (to be honest it is a very dark green so looks like black).  I then heat embossed each with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.  I then used the stencil which has just the leaf shapes for each of the stamps and ink blended with a brush using Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive Distress Inks.  I then decided to add a bit of Pine Needles to help the tones of green harmonise better. 

I decided to take the background a step further so got out a XCut Hexagon die set and picked one out of about 2" across the flat edges, and started in the centre and worked outwards die cutting each as close to each other as possible, and using some white card to glue them to I built up the piece which finished up about 4" square.  I probably flattened the embossing a bit as it was an afterthought to die cut. To finish I added a snippet of black card behind it and added the leaves and stamped a banner sentiment onto another piece of white card using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and  heat embossed with the Clear Gloss EP.

Thank you for coming to visit my blog today and I'll see you again soon.   






I am entering the following challenges:

NBUS Challenge - No. 62 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.  Happy 11th Blogaversary too Darnell..it's difficult to believe the challenge has been going that long!
We Love Stamping Challenge - May '24 Vintage/Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations Challenge - May '24 Mood Board/Anything Goes.
Allsorts Challenge - Week 782 Anything Goes/Blast for the Past.
Seize the Birthday Challenge - No. 284 Metallics/Anything Goes.













I am also joining in with Darnell's I.D.E.A.S., a challenge which she has set herself but has said that anyone may join in.  This is May Week Three: Embossing.

18 comments:

Susan said...

Love all the shades of green in your card. And gingko leaves are so interesting as a subject.

brenda said...

Oh my, this is lovely Pat. The use of tone on tone graduating to the darker shades of the Ginkgo leaves in the fore is so striking.And the deep white border draws the eye. Our Ginkgo is in full leaf now, it's been in about 30 years, such slow growers.

Many thanks for joining this months challenges at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping.

B x

Aquarius said...

Just love those gingko leaves and what a clever idea you had for the background. All clearly explained as to how the result was achieved. A great finished card.

Marjolijn van Elsberg said...

What a beautiful card with so many different techniques and materials. At first I didn't even see the hexagons, but they are so beautiful!!

coldwaters2 said...

I absolutely love this creation Pat I often use green so this really stood out for me, the background and the main image are wonderful thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

pinky said...

What a beautiful card Pat. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Linby said...

So many wonderful details on this lovely card. The time you've taken over it really shows. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful card Pat, I love how you've created the background with the hexagon shapes, beautiful colours too and such a lovely flower, Kate x

Ellibelle said...

This is really beautiful, Pat. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Blogger ate my previous comment....
Absolutely love this card, thanks for sharing all your process as the result is really wonderful. Lot of work and details but your card deserved it all!! The greens look fabulous together, the Ginkgo pops very well from the textured background, and cut and paste the hexagons was a clever idea, love so much the whole design!
Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at We Love Stamping!

Sarn said...

A lovely fresh looking birthday card. xxx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card, love the monochromatic colour them, perfect for your gingko leaves ♥

Dena J said...

Love all the fabulous texture and leafy greens, Pat. A beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

HilaryJane said...

I do love this, just lovely greens. Your idea to cut the background into hexagons really works and I can see how careful you were with the white ink. Well done, I know that's not easy. thanks for joining us at we love stamping xx

Darnell said...

I'm quite worn out reading about all the steps you undertook to design and make this gorgeous card, Pat! It's brilliant and I do love gingko leaves! Thank you for inspiring everyone with your NBUS again and playing with my IDEAS week three!📌 Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the background to this gorgeous card, the ginkgo leaves are just beautiful against the greens, a fabulous monochrome card. x

Liz said...

Brilliant card Pat, I love the background.
Liz xx

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous leafy layers, Pat! Love the textured background. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳