Pages

Sunday 25 August 2024

Terry Toucan

Hi there.  I was lucky enough to win this Aall & Create stamp set No. 563 Follow Your Own Path over at Stamping Sensations and this is its first outing.  I also used some Brushos and Distress Inks.  I find it difficult to find interesting post titles, and the name of the set to me doesn't seem to go with it terribly well, so I decided to give him a name and Terry just popped into my head, so that is my name for this funny little chap.


I decided to do a DL card and I cut a mat just a little smaller then the card and got out a couple of Brushos, haven't used them much lately, and chose Sea Green and Orange, and added them trying to keep the colour in different areas of the background, and then added water to spread them out, blotting to keep the colours from mixing too much as inevitably that leads to a 'muddy' look, not nice...lol.  I then added some of the words stamps using Distress Inks in similar tones to the Brusho colours, and chose Lucky Clover, Ripe Persimmon and Spiced Marmalade using first, second and in some areas third generation stamping, and then also one of the hearts in several places.

There are a couple of large bird images and the one I thought I would use was this Toucan and the chevron shaped accompanying images with some postmarks, numbers and words.  I decided to stamp them with Versafine Nocturne Ink and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder, and then I cut them out.  I coloured them with the same three DI colours as I used on the background using a waterbrush, and the Toucan is obviously a bit of a fantasy bird as not normally this colour..orange beak, yes, but let's just call it artistic licence.  

I put it together and finished with a sentiment again stamped and embossed with the Nocturne Ink and Clear Gloss EP.

Thanks for visiting me here today and I'll see you again soon. 






I am entering the following challenges:

Stamping Sensations Challenge - Aug. '24 Anything Goes/Out in the Garden.
We Love Stamping Challenge - Aug. "24 Anything Goes/Focal Sentiment or Quote.
Allsorts Challenge - Week 795 Delightful Animals/Anything Goes.
AAA Birthday Challenge - No. 64 Critters.
Triple B Challenge - Aug. '24 Using one or more Birds, Butterflies and Blooms.
NBUS Challenge - No. 65 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.

I am also joining in with Darnell's I.D.E.A.S., a challenge she has set herself but she has said that anyone can join in with it.  This week the theme is Embossing/Wet or Dry.

16 comments:

Sarn said...

Lovely inking and stamping on this card Pat. xxx

Gail L said...

I really like Terry the Toucan!
He really stands out with the colors you have used!
Thank you for joining us, and playing the theme Delightful Animals over at Allsorts!

brenda said...

Love what you have done with your win Pat and I think you've named it perfectly, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Aquarius said...

A great piece of artistic licence here using the stamps you were lucky enough to win. Love the way you've given the toucan a name 😉. Great finished card

Liz said...

Super card, Pat. I love the colours of the background and Terry is a great name for your lovely toucan. 😀 Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Delightful Animals option.
Liz xx

pinky said...

I absolutely love this Pat. Such soft pretty colours and the stamps you used are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Kath said...

A fabulous card Pat and I love the name you've given your Toucan too!
Kath x

Darnell said...

What a fun mixed media design you made, Pat! It's clear that Terry loves his look and how you paired him with the chevron text and cut-out "toucan," along with other fun details! I haven't played with my Brushos in ages either. You make my fingers itch to do it now! Thank you for linking again to NBUS and for playing with embossing I.D.E.A.S. this week!📌 Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Awesome mixed media card Pat! Love your design with your fabulous Toucan!! The brushos background is so pretty! xx

Karen P said...

Thank you for sharing your card with us at We Love Stamping Challenge Karen DT

Christine Alexander said...

fun card, lucky you winning that toucan stamp set. I love how your used it, the colours are perfect ♥

Linby said...

Terry looks just wonderful and your background and the graphic touches make for a fab card. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Marjan said...

How nice to meet Terry the Toucan! He feels good on your wonderful card with beautiful background and with those lovely colors and added stamps! That toucan word is great too!

Diane said...

Very creative, fun and artistic!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Co-Owner: {Triple B},NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}, {Double D}, {Word Power}, {Peace On Earth}, {Four Seasons}, {Two Old Bats}, {Can You Handle The Pressure}, {Stencil Fun}, {Simply Clean & Simple}

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun slimline card - love that toucan! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

Jane said...

Terry the toucan is so adorable, love the alliteration. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe & keep crafting!