Pages

Friday 20 September 2024

Join the Party

Hi everyone.  I have a card today for a family member who will be 17 shortly, and I was a bit stumped as to what to make for her, and then I remembered I had some Penny Black stamps which I was lucky enough to win quite a few years ago, and they were on wood but storage of these is difficult so I took them off the wood a year or more ago and they have been forgotten about, and this particular one I have never used.  The stamp has 2010 on it so obviously not one that is around any more, and is called Join the Party.  I decided to frame it using an Altenew Doily Frame stencil which I have had for a while and also has never been used..tut tut!


I cut a square to just under 6" and using a brush and some Salty Ocean Distress Ink I inked up the frame, with the central piece in place, on the piece of white card.  I then stamped the PB image and unfortunately it did overlap the frame just a little top and bottom, but I carried on and coloured it with my Lyra Pencils hoping the colours would be strong enough to cancel out the blue background, and fortunately I think there is a hint of it but not enough to spoil it.  I finished by adding the sentiment using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder.

I then decided that perhaps it would look more interesting cut into a circular shape before adding it onto the card, so taking a deep breath I very carefully cut around the shape.  I did start with my small decoupage scissors, but realised that it would probably be easier using larger scissors that I could keep moving round the curves to get a better finish, and luckily this worked pretty well.  I finished by using some foam on the back for a bit of dimension.  A simple card really, and just hope she likes it.

Thank you for coming to visit my blog today and I'll see you again soon.  






I am entering the following challenges:

We Love Stamping Challenge - Sept. '24 - Hand Coloured Image/Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations Challenge - Sept. '24 - Anything Goes/Animal Magic.
Stencil Fun Challenge - Sept. '24 - Anything Goes/Fall Frenzy.
Allsorts Challenge - Week 798 - Something Fishy/Anything Goes.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful card Pat, great image for a teenager. Your fussy cutting is amazing, I thought the frame was die cut.
Liz xx

brenda said...

I've a few of these style PB stamps, like you that age group is always a challenge but I think the whimsy looks of these work really well. Nice idea with the circle and stencil.

Many thanks for sharing at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Marjolijn van Elsberg said...

This is sucha a cute card with the birthday cake and the young lady. Perfectf or a 17 year old

Aquarius said...

Love this cute image and you've made it into a super card for a young lady

Diane said...

Super cute card and image!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Co-Owner: {Stencil Fun},NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers},{Word Power}, {Double D}, {Peace On Earth}, {Four Seasons}, {Two Old Bats}, {Can You Handle The Pressure}, {Triple B}, {Simply Clean & Simple}

Ellibelle said...

So cute and perfect for the recipient! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

Chris said...

A lovely design with the scalloped frame and that cute girly stamp. I have a few of these PB stamps, they were so popular at the time but rarely see them used now so it's good to see one again.
Thank you for sharing your lovely card at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x