Pages

Saturday 7 September 2024

Owl Amongst the Autumn Leaves

Hi everybody.  I decided to get out this Craft Stash Text(ures) Spring Awakening Wildlife set of stamps and used the little owl which was the only image of the three not to have been inked, and also used a heat embossed vellum background to join in with Group of Seven Cardmakers who are focussing on embossing on vellum this month.  I am also using a set of leaf stamps from Chocolate Baroque called Nature 1, and also a leaf die which is part of the John Next Door Christmas Premium Magazine No. 10 which I have used already on a couple of recent cards. 


I started with a leaf stamp from the Chocolate Baroque set and cut a piece of fairly heavy weight vellum to fit inside this rectangular aperture which is 4.25" by 2.75", and the card is 7" x 5".  I also cut a piece of white card a little smaller than the base card and cut the above rectangle, taken from the remainder of a piece of A4 card which I used for the last couple of cards I've made.   I embossed the large leaf branch stamp several times over the front of the vellum using WOW Metallic Brass Embossing Powder, and then using two of the smaller stamps and my stamp positioner I inked up the stamps several times with several colours to fit the autumn theme including Lucky Clover, Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin and Ground Espresso, and heat embossed these as I went along using WOW Clear Gloss EP.  I then blended some of the Carved Pumpkin ink over the top of this to take the whiteness off the vellum.  As you can see, when I came to add the vellum behind the window I thought the embossing on the front was a bit overwhelming and so I turned it the other way round and liked it much better and that is how I placed it.   

I then found a snippet of white card and stamped the owl with Versafine Vintage Sepia and heat embossed with the Clear Gloss EP.  I then added a little colour to it with my alcohol pens in a couple of brown shades.  I die cut the leaves from another small snippet of white card and decided to make them green, but then added some more orange and browns to them to make them look as though they were beginning to change colour, again using alcohol pens.  I added the sentiment also using the Vintage Sepia ink clear heat embossed.

Thank you for coming to see me here today and I'll see you again soon.






I am entering the following challenges:

We Love Stamping Challenge - Sept. '24 Hand Coloured Image/Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations Challenge - Sept.'24 Animal Magic/Anything Goes.
Snippets Playground Challenge - Where we use up our snippets of card and paper etc. 
Allsorts Challenge - Week 797 Autumn Colours/Anything Goes.
Try It On Tuesday Challenge - Make it Colourful.
NBUS Challenge - No. 66 Where we use our Never Before Used Schtuff.

I am also joining in with Darnell's I.D.E.A.S., a challenge which she has set herself but says anyone can join in with.  This is September Week 1: Ink/Colour Mediums.

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is incredible. You put a lot of work into this gorgeous card. I especially love the owl and leaves. Thanks ever so much for sharing it on Try it on Tuesday.

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous autumnal card, love the leafy background for the wise owl. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping. Emma

Aquarius said...

I've yet to try this technique with the vellum but seeing what you've done here has certainly spurred me on to have a go. Such a spectacular card and I love the way you've coloured the owl and the 'turning' leaves.

Marjolijn van Elsberg said...

Love your card and the beautiful owl.

HilaryJane said...

This has turned out so well. I love your little owl and that background is perfect. I wish I had time to get out my vellum and have a go today. It is so nice to see this in the we love stamping gallery too. Thanks for sharing it with us xx

Liz said...

Wonderful card Pat, beautiful owl and I love the background you've created.
Liz xx

Di said...

Wow Pat - what a stunning card! I love the owl -so realistic, beautiful colouring. And the heat embossed panel is gorgeous - beautiful work as always! Clever trick to flip the vellum to the muted side as well.

Hugs
Di xx

Hugs
Di xx

brenda said...

It's a beautiful card Pat, the panel really draws the eye to the design inside and then the fabulous Owl, thanks so much for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges (would also fit in nicely at Allsorts).

B x

Linby said...

The muted vellum looks amazing and such a wonderful make with all the time you have spent on it. Thank you for taking part at We Love Stamping challenge. Congrats also on your top pick at the playground a very worthy pick.

Gail L said...

This is beautiful!
Fits right in with the Autumn theme over at Allsorts!
Thank you for joining us!

Marjan said...

How lovely is that peace of vellum, embossed and stamoped with the fall leaves! it reminds me a bit of stained glass. The cute little owl on the white frame fits perfectly, sitting on the decorative branches. Wonderful card, Pat!

Marjan said...

Piece of course, not peace :) :)

Catie Cuddles said...

So cool! Love this autumnal card.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful Autumnal creatin it is full of wonderment I love it thank you for joining us at both We Love Stamping and Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Christine Alexander said...

Such a beautiful card, the stamped velum colours are stunning and the owl is so majestic ♥

Loll said...

WOW!! This card is AMAZING Pat! I love your double stamped leafy background. Adding the soft orange makes it perfect! Your owl is gorgeous. I love how you've coloured him, and he looks perfect sitting on the branches. A very striking card, my friend. Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven. xx

Chris said...

A great design, magnificent owl and fabulous leafy background panel, love the autumnal colours. Thank you for joining in with our September challenge at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x